Most improved team thus far?

Sabre fan

25 members have voted

1. 1. Have the Sabres improved and how much? Or are we destined to fail (again)

• Yep...we have improved in every area from top to bottom and will see immediate return
    • Come see come saw...kinda somewhere in the middle...a little but still need some work done
    • Somewhat better but still need a ton of work to make the playoffs
    • Not much at all...just mostly change that will not really help all that much...another disapponting season coming up

FWIW, I'm not convinced Beaulieu will be as good for us as Franson was last year.

I think he will make more plays - good and bad.

To this point in his career he hasn't been a better player, but I think he will bring the mobility we need and therefore should be an upgrade.

In terms of role, I see Pouliot as Foligno's replacement and Fasching as Carrier's

Josefson is actually replacing Derek Grant and we expect Antipin to bump Gorges

Ennis represents the open spot.

He will be replaced as an offensive winger by Baptiste, Bailey, Nylander, Griffith or a player to be named later.

A quick google search shows him a healthy scratch in December, again in March, and that his team decided they wanted to play Brandon Davidson and Jordie Benn instead with the season on the line for Game 6, they healthy scratched him there. Maybe more instances, I got bored after the first 3 hits.

Still more useful than a third round pick, on balance.

First off Kulikov was acquired to be a top 4 D, as was Gorges and Bogo before him. When they all failed Franson was forced to play top 4 minutes because that's all we had.

However, lets not call him good. He is a pillar and if was good he'd probably have a FA deal in place, rather then the PTO in his future.

Beaulieu was a victim of the coaching change in Mon more then anything else. He has the one thing that a modern team needs and Franson lacks: speed! He also blocks more shots and is nearly as physicals. He also provides more offense. The biggest issue was turnovers. Not a surprise because he does take more risk with the puck. He also played more minutes per game last year then Franson; 19:29 vs 18:29. Furthermore he is a better fit for our new system.

Edited by GASabresFan

Kulikov - Ristolainen

McCabe - Bogosian

Gorges - Falk/Franson

V

Scandella - Ristolainen

McCabe - Bogosian

Beaulieu - Antipin

---

Scandella > Kulikov

Beaulieu > Gorges

Antipin v Falk/Franson is the ?, but we are miles better with the two ">" listed above.

Rookie coach. Rookie GM. Young team. Lots of turnover. I wouldnt expect anyone to assume we'll make a big jump. We assume it because we are irrational. We're fans. Irrational comes with the territiory.

Irrational. Heh!

Excitable. Heh!

We are reckless (fans).

<<disembodied voice>> Were we any different in previous years?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.