Johansen Calls Out Kessler

bob_sauve28

This is wild. Trying to shame Kessler to stop being a dick?

“He just blows my mind,” Johansen said, according to ESPN’s 102.5 The Game. “I don’t know what’s going through his head out there. His family and friends watching him play, I don't know how you cheer for a guy like that. It just doesn't make sense how he plays the game. I'm just trying to go out there and play hockey and it sucks when you've got to pull a stick out of your groin every shift.”

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/johansen-calls-out-kesler-but-frustrating-others-nothing-new-for-ducks-pivot1

well he is kind of right, Kessler is a dirty player.

Problem is the instigator rule, they should get rid of that because now dirty players can do what they want.

I'm pretty anti violence so I can't agree. I think it's a law enforcement issue. They have to call penalties more. They are killing each other out there with slashes, cross checks, spearing and they call almost nothing

Johansen is just playing the game. He's essentially calling out the officials not Kessler. He's doing what countless players and coaches have done in playoffs past hoping to shame the refs into making calls. 

yup.

Johansen is just playing the game. He's essentially calling out the officials not Kessler. He's doing what countless players and coaches have done in playoffs past hoping to shame the refs into making calls.

I think this is probably it. Pretty interesting way to do it, asking how his family sees this. Sure got some attention.

I think this is probably it. Pretty interesting way to do it, asking how his family sees this. Sure got some attention.

Oh I have no doubt he hates Kesslers guts based on what he's had to endure so far but I think he's seizing on an opportunity to draw attention to what Kessler gets away with so the officials are basically called out publicly.

I'm pretty anti violence so I can't agree. I think it's a law enforcement issue. They have to call penalties more. They are killing each other out there with slashes, cross checks, spearing and they call almost nothing

It's bad enough in the regular season...playoffs just get worse. Third period gets even worse. I hate it. Would love to see more skating and scoring and fewer injuries that would result from a long term policy of calling it tighter. I like the legal hitting and scrums for the puck or position, it's just the slashing, spearing, interference, hooking, and holding that brings nothing to the game whatsoever. 

It's bad enough in the regular season...playoffs just get worse. Third period gets even worse. I hate it. Would love to see more skating and scoring and fewer injuries that would result from a long term policy of calling it tighter. I like the legal hitting and scrums for the puck or position, it's just the slashing, spearing, interference, hooking, and holding that brings nothing to the game whatsoever.

I agree completely. The game slows down for the sake of a bunch of needless violence.

RyJo is a crafty one.

Kesler's work on McDavid is a big reason the Oilers are golfing.

Thing is, he isn't doing it to RyJo.

He has 4 points in 2 games and Kesler can't keep him off of the scoreboard. All points scored at even strength in the Ducks' building.

Now the refs will be watching Kesler even close.

RyJo is a smart guy.

sidenote ... I hate Kesler

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.