Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

The NFL is the only sport where your 2nd most important person in the entire organization is your head coach. You could give Belichick the Browns roster and I bet he beats a McGinger run Patriots 

No way. Tom Brady and the Pats roster would beat Bill B and the Browns roster every day of the week. Maybe tougher with McWrestler but the talent would win out.

I'll take Brady and any coach over Belichick and Cody Kessler and whoever else the Browns have trotted out in recent years.

Correct answer.

Edited by jeffismagic

I'll take Brady and any coach over Belichick and Cody Kessler and whoever else the Browns have trotted out in recent years.

Alright maybe the greatest QB of all time isn't the best comparable but come on, they almost beat us with their 3rd string QB last year

I'm reading that Matthews is pretty bad at catching the ball. He can run routes though. 

######, I forgot about the 9ers. 

Whatever. Get the qb any way possible. That should be the sole goal of this franchise. 

This is a hugely heavy QB and WR draft, so we should be in really good shape to fill those holes

Don't know enough to evaluate the CB swap, but I freakin' love Jordan Matthews and I really like the swap of WR. Matthews was the best player I ever saw at Vanderbilt. Watkins, as we all know, is injury prone... and he would have been gone at the end of the year. I think the move makes sense.

Zach Bogosian is the best player I ever saw on (insert beer league team here).

This is a hugely heavy QB and WR draft, so we should be in really good shape to fill those holes

For now. Just wait for the season to play out, a bunch of the QBs disappoint, and everyone says to wait for next year's class which we just know will be the year to take a QB. The endless cycle of the NFL draft. The only time I've ever seen the year in advance QB waiting game work out was with Andrew Luck.

It's been 20 years since the Bills have had a real QB and the current regime has no clue how to evaluate QB's.  Pray for losses and a top 2 pick that they don't need any scouting on.

Edited by jeffismagic

I'm reading that Matthews is pretty bad at catching the ball. He can run routes though.

######, I forgot about the 9ers.

Whatever. Get the qb any way possible. That should be the sole goal of this franchise.

He is. Which is why he needs a bazillion targets to get yards. He's not a horrible player on the whole or anything, but this "not much of a step down from Watkins" is lunacy.

It's been 20 years since the Bills have had a real QB and the current regime has no clue how to evaluate QB's.  Pray for losses and a top 2 pick that they don't need any scouting on.

Bills tank and get the 4th best QB - it's going to be the worst draft day in decades. Anyone who thinks any of those 3 teams above us will trade away their pick so WE can get THEIR qb is drunk.

Jets

Niners

Browns

Bills

The first QB taken isn't always the best one. Anyone up there could easily miss and let the best QB fall to another team

Bills tank and get the 4th best QB - it's going to be the worst draft day in decades. Anyone who thinks any of those 3 teams above us will trade away their pick so WE can get THEIR qb is drunk.

Jets

Niners

Browns

Bills

We may well be worse than the Browns. Kizer is gonna be good.

Edelman needs a bazillion targets too. So did Wes Welker.

For entirely different reasons...

Also, getting a bazooka targets isn't necessarily the same as needing to get a bazillion targets. That you're comparing the way Matthews gets his numbers to how Welker did and Edelman does, says a lot about your grasp of the game. None of it good.

Edit 2: Seriously, Edelman and Welker are two of the best slot receivers of their era. Matthews is...a...slot receiver. That's about where the comparison ends. Unless all you're doing is looking at YPC at pro football reference.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

For entirely different reasons...

Also, getting a bazooka targets isn't necessarily the same as needing to get a bazillion targets. That you're comparing the way Matthews gets his numbers to how Welker did and Edelman does, says a lot about your grasp of the game. None of it good.

Edit 2: Seriously, Edelman and Welker are two of the best slot receivers of their era. Matthews is...a...slot receiver. That's about where the comparison ends. Unless all you're doing is looking at YPC at pro football reference.

That wasn't conceited in the least. I'm sorry to insult your intelligence with my subpar sports knowledge. I can only hope that one day I can be as high and mighty as yourself. Wish me luck.

Don't put this on me, your post was over the top. If you think I'm so beneath you, just move on and talk to somebody else. Your act gets old.

Next time come up with a better argument than looking at a stat sheet, seeing similar numbers (minus the 4.2 YPC which is being conveniently ignored), and saying there's not much difference.

I watch more football than is healthy to watch, and to say Watkins and Matthews are pretty close as players is either the height of ignorance or a shocking level of homerism.

There are reasons to like the trade (team building, get value whole you can, etc), but "not much difference" isn't one of them.

The guy who's third string behind Smith and some dude named Tyler Bray? :P

In a past life I was supportive of taking Bray in the mid rounds :lol: :cry: