Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I'll take Andy Reid's QB scouting over Sean McDermott's QB "evaluation" skills.

You gotta stop playing this card every time someone questions Mahomes. There are so many other teams that could have gotten Mahomes, are they all morons too?

I'll take Andy Reid's QB scouting over Sean McDermott's QB "evaluation" skills.

That's fine, but I wonder what Andy Reid thinks about the top 5 QB's of this years draft and where Mahomes fits with those guys. It is a risk yes, but I think it is a calculated one. Now if the Bills do not draft a QB with their first pick in 2018, note I said first pick not first round pick, then they are just stupid. 

Also I bet Andy Reid has been wrong more than once. Mahomes hasn't looked great. He played in a garbage college conference and that isn't his fault but what happens when 90% of the teams you play don't have vanilla defenses that aren't good? That is a question he will have to answer. I like Mahomes but idk if I liked him at 10. 

Edited by LGR4GM

You gotta stop playing this card every time someone questions Mahomes. There are so many other teams that could have gotten Mahomes, are they all morons too?

Browns. Yes. But you kind of have to take Myles Garrett

Jets. Yes

Bills Yes

Bears No, Trubisky also a nice prospect

49ers No Shanahan probably bringing in Cousins 

Edited by jeffismagic

Browns. Yes

Jets. Yes

Bills Yes

Bears No, Trubisky also a nice prospect

49ers No Shanahan probably bringing in Cousins 

The Jets took an absolute stud of a safety, the Browns took Myles Garrett, and we traded down for our DB because like the Jets and Browns, we're preparing to draft in the top 5 of a better QB draft next year.

There are, also, some 20 other teams that aren't just those 5 that could have traded up and gotten Mahomes too. 

People are so obsessed with QBs that this anointment of a generational QB happens every draft, even in crappy ones. 

There are only 2 threads about the Sabres in the top 7 and I have indeed commented in both. But...you already knew that if you were looking at my post history.

It's not exactly rocket science figuring out where the posts are given that your total i found directly under your avatar.  So let's not pretend that I'm scanning through and counting every single post.

But anyway, here's what I'm thinking here.  You apparently got drummed out of TSW due to your attitude and unpopular opinion, so you decided to jump over here so you could try over with the same stuff.  You came here specifically to talk about the Bills and lash out a bit about what happened over there.  Now, maybe you will convince me otherwise as we get closer to hockey season, but that's where I'm sitting right now.

It's not exactly rocket science figuring out where the posts are given that your total i found directly under your avatar.  So let's not pretend that I'm scanning through and counting every single post.

But anyway, here's what I'm thinking here.  You apparently got drummed out of TSW due to your attitude and unpopular opinion, so you decided to jump over here so you could try over with the same stuff.  You came here specifically to talk about the Bills and lash out a bit about what happened over there.  Now, maybe you will convince me otherwise as we get closer to hockey season, but that's where I'm sitting right now.

Nope. One mod asked me to take a few weeks off. But I like how you constructed this vast story around something that never happened.

On the QB/Mahomes question:  there is a whole lotta pretending to know Mahomes' future going on in here by posters on both sides of the issue. 

I think everyone can (or should) agree that:

- Mahomes may or may not turn out to be a good NFL QB

- it's very difficult to forecast Mahomes' future NFL success, or for that matter that of any other college QB

- the Bills have done an awful job of addressing the QB situation over the past dozen years

- the Bills should've devoted more high draft picks to the QB position over the past dozen years

- it would've been highly defensible for the Bills to have drafted Mahomes

- if Mahomes turns out to be a good NFL QB, then the Bills made a mistake in not drafting him

- if Mahomes washes out, but White turns out to be a good DB and whoever the Bills get with KC's pick next year also turns into a good player, then the Bills made a good move in making the trade.

Bottom line:  there are huge and unverifiable assumptions underlying both the "the Bills screwed up again by not drafting Mahomes" and "the Bills made a smart move in not drafting Mahomes" positions -- and the ceaseless and repetitive pretending otherwise in this thread is becoming tiresome.

If Mahomes turns into a good QB then the Bills only made a mistake if they do not draft an equal or better QB in 2018. 

That and we're still in a better position to succeed. We have 

Mahomes 

vs

White, 2018 Bills 1st round pick (QB), 2018 KC 1st round pick, and Peterman

There really is no way this trade blows up in our faces. 

Mahomes 

vs

Mahomes turns into Tom Brady. There, it just blew up. 

On the QB/Mahomes question: there is a whole lotta pretending to know Mahomes' future going on in here by posters on both sides of the issue.

I think everyone can (or should) agree that:

- Mahomes may or may not turn out to be a good NFL QB

- it's very difficult to forecast Mahomes' future NFL success, or for that matter that of any other college QB

- the Bills have done an awful job of addressing the QB situation over the past dozen years

- the Bills should've devoted more high draft picks to the QB position over the past dozen years

- it would've been highly defensible for the Bills to have drafted Mahomes

- if Mahomes turns out to be a good NFL QB, then the Bills made a mistake in not drafting him

- if Mahomes washes out, but White turns out to be a good DB and whoever the Bills get with KC's pick next year also turns into a good player, then the Bills made a good move in making the trade.

Bottom line: there are huge and unverifiable assumptions underlying both the "the Bills screwed up again by not drafting Mahomes" and "the Bills made a smart move in not drafting Mahomes" positions -- and the ceaseless and repetitive pretending otherwise in this thread is becoming tiresome.

True. I normally adopt this attitude with hockey prospects. But when I watch every college snap of a player I will be more opinionated.

Mahomes

vs

There is no way passing on a top QB to draft another corner could backfire?!

True. I normally adopt this attitude with hockey prospects. But when I watch every college snap of a player I will be more opinionated.

You think he's a top QB, that doesn't make it true.

What if Peterman is better?

FWIW, 6 Pro-bowl DBs were taken after Vince Young in 2006.

If Mahomes turns into a good QB then the Bills only made a mistake if they do not draft an equal or better QB in 2018. 

Mahomes 

vs

Boys -- you're really flushing logic down the tubes here.

If Mahomes is as good as the QB the Bills draft in 2018, then the Bills should've drafted Mahomes -- because then they would've had a (presumably) good QB for another year.

And there are multiple ways the Bills trade could blow up in our faces.

Nope. One mod asked me to take a few weeks off. But I like how you constructed this vast story around something that never happened.

Yeah, I wonder what might have made me think that...

I am not here to convince anyone. the reason  I was banned from tbd is I finally figured out the Bills are not there to win. They are a financial investment from the Pegulas.

Peterman was run out of town in Tennessee. You are telling me a guy who throws like a girl and crumbles under pressure makes up for passing on Mahomes?!

No I don't think he will be good, but I also don't think Mahomes is going to be an all star qb.

You're the one obsessed about passing on Mahomes. I don't care because they already did it.

Edited by LGR4GM