Forwards, Forwards and more Forwards. The Sabres are overflowing with quality forwards

GASabresIUFAN

Great post, keep them coming. I'm assuming that last years forwards start the season. Boy, wouldn't it be great if Ennis is back to 100%! What an "addition" to the line up. I suppose the kids will be called up sooner or later for injurie reasons and they will have to play like they want to stay and force the organization to keep them and we go from there.

Never forget when u shut out the Canadians in the playoff(great stuff)

Besides who is going to make the team, the next question is how many goals will we score? We need to score around 250 goals in order to become a contender. I think we can expect ROR and Okposo to score 20-25 goals each. I think Eichel and Reinhart can reach 30 goals each next season. That is about 105 goals between the 4 of them. Where do you think the rest will come from?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Besides who is going to make the team, the next question is how many goals will we score? We need to score around 250 goals in order to become a contender. I think we can expect ROR and Okposo to score 20-25 goals each. I think Eichel and Reinhart can reach 30 goals each next season. That is about 105 goals between the 4 of them. Where do you think the rest will come from?

Is Kane still on the team?

Ok, he's a playa alright, but he does seem to have more problems scoring off the ice then on it lately.

Eichel: 30

Reinhart: 30

Okposo: 25

ROR: 22

Kane: 25

That's 132 of our 250 goal for goals. I'll add 12-15 for Ristolainen. That brings us to 145. Can we get 105 from the rest?

Ennis: ?

Moulson: ?

Bogosian: ?

Larsson: ?

Gionta:?

Foligno: ?

Bailey (assuming he makes the team): ?

McCabe:?

Kulikov: ?

Franson: ?

Deslauries: ?

Gorges:?

Girgensons:?

Callups & others:?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Ok, he's a playa alright, but he does seem to have more problems scoring off the ice then on it lately.

Eichel: 30

Reinhart: 30

Okposo: 25

ROR: 22

Kane: 25

That's 132 of our 250 goal for goals. I'll add 12-15 for Ristolainen. That brings us to 145. Can we get 105 from the rest?

Ennis: ? 23

Moulson: 16

Bogosian: ? 8

Larsson: ? 6

Gionta:? 11

Foligno: ? 9

Bailey (assuming he makes the team): 3

McCabe:? 5

Kulikov: ? 11

Franson: ? 3

Deslauries: ? 2

Gorges:? 4

Girgensons:?

Callups & others:?

Is that close enough?

Heh, could be. I was having posting difficulty so his contribution will remain unknown. Realistic expectation should be 13

ok,  guess it all depends on whether he earns significant time with the 3rd line.  If not I think it'll be tough for him to get into the teens.  If we get 23 and 16 from Ennis and Moulson - gotta think this is a playoff team just on that alone.

Do you think that the numbers for Moulson, Ennis and Kulikov are generous?  I think the numbers are possible, but a little generous.  If Moulson or Ennis gets a top 6 slot the number seems possible. Since Ennis is more likely to get a top 6 role and his career high is 21, I'll suggest 20.  Moulson is going to be in a bottom 3 role unless something crazy happens in camp. If we get 12 I'll be happy.  Kulikov career high is 8.  His role maybe  more offensive here, but he only had one goal last season.  I'd say 5 at the most.

On the other hand, I think Bailey makes the team out of camp and gives us one of those goals without many assists season. I'm think 10 goals is possible.  I also think Big Z scores 10.

Do you think that the numbers for Moulson, Ennis and Kulikov are generous?  I think the numbers are possible, but a little generous.

Indeed it is generous but I expect us to do some damage this year and think they are going to do everything they can to wring any last bit of production from Molson. Ennis gets righted and Kuli is up for the contract year so generous? You can that but I'm expecting big things this season.

I expect Eichel, Reinhart, Okposo, O'Reilly and Kane to combine for 120 in our top six.

Another 40 from the Larsson line and Girgs. And another 40 from the defense.

That's 200.

The question is, can we count on 20 from Ennis/Moulson/ Vesey/Bailey as the last member of the top 6?

And can we count on 20 more from the 4th-liners/recalls?

I think we can, so my over/under is 240 goals.

I expect Eichel, Reinhart, Okposo, O'Reilly and Kane to combine for 120 in our top six.

Another 40 from the Larsson line and Girgs. And another 40 from the defense.

That's 200.

The question is, can we count on 20 from Ennis/Moulson/ Vesey/Bailey as the last member of the top 6?

And can we count on 20 more from the 4th-liners/recalls?

I think we can, so my over/under is 240 goals.

I love the optimism for sure.  I'm not sure we're going to be one of the best offensive teams ... next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.