OT - Buffalo Area Apartments

darksabre

How about the D and J present a wish-list with some detail so we can recommend an area to focus on? That's better than the scatter-shot method.

The problem we have is that we don't know where Josie is going to be working. I'm anticipating the city, but she could end up out in the burbs with me. I'd hate for both of us to be commuting out of the city then.

I'm basically interested in anything like, Ken-Ton, West Seneca, Cheektowaga, Sloan, W-ville, Amherst. Trying not to step too far out into the suburbs though. Lancaster, Clarence, Lockport, etc., might be too out of the way. 

Honestly, I like the suggestion of the area from Elmwood/Allen all the way up to NT. I think anything in there would be good, although I would consider something with access to the 400 as well. I don't mind coming into the city from that direction. 

Trying to finagle something under or around $1000/mo, preferably 2 bedroom with offstreet parking and laundry in unit or in building. An upper half of a house would be awesome. 

And we've got a cat. 

My friends are all over the city. dfd up above is in the Elmwood area. I've got friends in Sloan, South Buffalo, Clarence, and Cheektowaga too. 

So I guess you can understand why the scatter-shot method is sorta where we're at. I'm pretty much interested in anything that isn't in a high crime neighborhood or managed by a**holes.  :ph34r:

Lackawanna. Ugh. Do not recommend. Not yet anyway.

If you're looking for a bit more space, then maybe you're thinking of Clarence or Lancaster.

I'm selfishly trying to avoid Lancaster because I grew up there and I'd like to get to know a different part of Buffalo. And I think Clarence is probably too expensive for us no matter what, based on what I'm finding. 

The deal is, I don't know Buffalo, so d4rk's in charge.

My/our wishlist, as I think was stated above;

Pets allowed (we have one cat). Second story would be a plus, our furry idiot pi$$e$ all over the place if he so much as sees or smells another feline. I can handle it if we can't pull that. 

Decent area. This is most important to me. I've lived in downtown Rochester and been assaulted a couple times and broken into, and that was in a "nice" area (NOTA). I've been grabbed living in the suburbs too, so I realize it's not something I can totally plan for, but the less iffy the better. 

On site or in apt laundry. I don't wanna deal with laundromats.

Green area- Currently have a lot of paths in the apt complex. It's a luxury, I realize.

2 bedrooms. 

As I have no clue who in the blessed city will take me, I don't know what I can afford. I'm guessing about 500 each a month is our limit, however. If I end up halving my current salary because my luck sucks, I won't be able to do that. 

I don't want roommates. I need my space. I'm done with roommates. Besides d4rk, of course. 

Lofts are fine, style doesn't matter too much to me, I do love windows/openness but of course, I can ignore all these things if it's temporary before we move or buy a house or something. A balcony would be amazing. 

I honestly don't want to think about it for about 3 weeks. I need to focus on not killing myself over portfolios, applications, cover letters and rejection right now. d4rk is heading this ship, I'll probably be happy with just about anything. 

I just don't know the city, I don't know the roadways, I don't know really anything about any of it. And I have no clue if I can find a job, and if I can, where it will be. 

Pets allowed (we have one cat). Second story would be a plus, our furry idiot pi$$e$ all over the place if he so much as sees or smells another feline. I can handle it if we can't pull that. 

Decent area. This is most important to me. I've lived in downtown Rochester and been assaulted a couple times and broken into, and that was in a "nice" area (NOTA). I've been grabbed living in the suburbs too, so I realize it's not something I can totally plan for, but the less iffy the better. 

Green area- Currently have a lot of paths in the apt complex. It's a luxury, I realize.

2 bedrooms. 

As I have no clue who in the blessed city will take me, I don't know what I can afford. I'm guessing about 500 each a month is our limit, however. If I end up halving my current salary because my luck sucks, I won't be able to do that. 

I don't want roommates. I need my space. I'm done with roommates. Besides d4rk, of course. 

Lofts are fine, style doesn't matter too much to me, I do love windows/openness but of course, I can ignore all these things if it's temporary before we move or buy a house or something. A balcony would be amazing. 

I honestly don't want to think about it for about 3 weeks. I need to focus on not killing myself over portfolios, applications, cover letters and rejection right now. d4rk is heading this ship, I'll probably be happy with just about anything. 

I just don't know the city, I don't know the roadways, I don't know really anything about any of it. And I have no clue if I can find a job, and if I can, where it will be. 

You're going to be able to find what you need at that price.  Maybe not in the Elmwood Village, but you'll find it.

2 bedrooms. 

You're going to be able to find what you need at that price.  Maybe not in the Elmwood Village, but you'll find it.

Even in Elmwood area that's possible, but you'll have to be patient for an opportunity and then act quickly when it pops up. Its more that there's not a lot of offstreet parking, and pets limit you, too, though cats less than dogs.

For greenspace Parkside and Elmwood are the best, and both are good neighborhoods, but it is the city. I won't sugar-coat it, break-ins and muggings are a possibility. There was a girl who had a guy try to grab her purse right outside my door. The upside of that area is that by the time I could get downstairs and out side there were already about 6 people by her side. Still, its always a concern.

I'd take a look at Williamsville, too. I have no clue what apartments are available or how much they'd cost there, but if you can get something right on or near Main Street there's Glen Iris park right there. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.