OT: Name Your Favorite NHL Player

WildCard

Kopitar and Datsyuk, though Pavel has lost a step.  McDavid and Kuznetsov are climbing the ladder.  Doughty isna joy as well.

It's been sad to watch- his injuries and age are catching up with him. I find myself considering the ol' retire now on a high note or slog it out till it's sad conundrum with him. Detroit's struggling to keep the playoff streak going this year, highlighting just how amazing Datsyuk had been in the past (not to mention Lidstrom of course). Been watching the Sedins go through the same thing. 

Also yeah, Kuznetsov is a beast. 

I'll go with Jamie Benn.  Can do a bit of everything.  Anyone else notice that he seems to have the wide base and stride of Perrault?  Not saying he was as fluid, just that his posture reminds me of Gilbert.

Benn is very underrated. Good choice

all time Doug Gilmour

###### Doug Gilmour. He was a POS during his Buffalo stint and afterwards. Favorites now are probably Galchenyuk and Tavares, though I don't follow the league very much anymore. All-time is Sakic without a doubt. 

EDIT: http://www.angelfire.com/nv/Sabresword/OCTOBER26.htmlarticle I found about Gilmour-Varada incident. Worth a read for nostalgia sake

Edited by IrwinNelson

The very name Gilmour incites rage in me. I can't even listen to Pink Floyd.

That Varada soccer tackle from behind incident in Montreal just about sums it up. Absolute piece of festering garbage. Hated him in Calgary, really hated him in Toronto. Hated him in Chicago. Really really really hated him in Buffalo. Then he "retires" and winds up in Montreal. As I recall, the reaction from Laffs Nation was hilarious.

Seriously, Doug and Jack Edwards are gonna be locked in that filthy bathroom together when I finally snap and recreate "Saw"

Thank god Dumont came in that trade. Redeemed it immeasurably.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.