3/12/2016 - The Day The Worm Turned?

tom webster

March 12, 2016

My calendar says it is National Muffuletta Sandwich Day.

Wikipedia says its the birthday of James Taylor, Ron Jeremy, Dale Murphy 

Could it be Buffalo's equivalent of Mo Lewis knocking Drew Bledsoe out of New England?

UB men and woman win in breathtaking fashion and Jack Eichel scores in overtime, with one second left, against the hated Hurricaines and specifically Cam Ward. The best part for me? Not one of the decisive scoring plays was a fluke. Both UB teams scored on plays drawn up by their coaches and Eichel's goal was a play practiced many times before.

I am not sure that any of you follow UB Basketball but both teams were supposed to be in re-building years and surprised everyone in the MAC Conference were both teams were predicted to finish at or near the bottom this year.The woman's team graduated nearly all their key contributors from a year ago and the men lost their coach, their two best players and their two best recruits. They dealt with the illness of their head coaches wife, the death of an assistant coaches brother and a player's mother. They were forced to suspend their leading scorer in the middle of the season and yet they came together like a true champion and while they will be heavy underdogs Thursday, they have better then a puncher's chance.

Who knows what day we will all look back on when we finally win a big time championship in this town(with all due respect to the 64/65 Bills and Bandits) but I am hoping I look back on National Muffuletta Sandwich Day as the Day the Worm turned.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.