World Cup 2016

MODO Hockey

Czechs have had 3  two-on-ones in the first five minutes.

Scheifele is a helluva player.

Czechs go up 1-0, on the power play. They play very structured hockey.

I haven't noticed Scheifele that particularly, but I would think he should stand out as he's one of their oldest players.

I really think Canada will steamroll team NA.

They have RNH over Jack at center, after Jack started at the second center slot? Sounds like he's not doing so hot

Disagree for two reasons mostly.

1.) McClellan is keeping Jack paired with their best performing winger in Johnny hockey. I seriously doubt he makes that decision if Jack is struggling.

2.) There are 49 centers on that squad. Which one, from a purely physical standpoint, is best suited to play on the wing?

I'd also mention that RNH has been their best performing C so far, so I see it as more of a promotion of him to the top line previously centered by a struggling McDavid.

Well said.

And then Matthews right there w/ the cross-check on his future teammate.  This is going to be such a fun tournament.  Good experience for NA to get bottled up here before real games start.

AM has impressed the hell out of me this past year, and his play in this tournament has made me pretty depressed. We're going to have to deal with him and smug leafs fans rubbing him in our face for a long time. He looks to be the kind of player that can be a thorn in this franchise's side his entire career.

AM has impressed the hell out of me this past year, and his play in this tournament has made me pretty depressed. We're going to have to deal with him and smug leafs fans rubbing him in our face for a long time. He looks to be the kind of player that can be a thorn in this franchise's side his entire career.

I don't really think they'll be in a position to rub it in our faces. We have Eichel, should be a great rivalry with great stuff on both sides.

McDavid's man in front.

Nice outside inside set up by Eichel on the rush.

Edited by Thorny

As in blue line, team defense...or both? Look at the top forwards. Do any of them play a lick of defense?

All of them together right now, seems like.

Their offense would have to catch extreme fire for them to have a chance against a team like Canada.

Holding up in goal would probably be difficult, too.

Unfortunately he lost his top PP spot to Matthews, until the goalie pull. He had a pretty strong game though. Flashed his powerful skating a few more times.

There were times were Jack was on the first PP and times where it was Auston, and times I saw both on the PP together. McLellan seems to be shaking things up a lot.

Unfortunately he lost his top PP spot to Matthews, until the goalie pull. He had a pretty strong game though. Flashed his powerful skating a few more times.

A buck says we see Jack back on the half wall with Matthews playing in front on the first unit come tourney time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.