GDT: NYI at Sabres FNC 6 pm 12/31/15

Brawndo

Tend to agree.  However, I am concerned that our scoring is concentrated in 3 or 4 players (Jack, ROR, McGinn, Rhino).  Not sure if this is the same on every team, but our lack of balance seems concerning.  We're playing well enough to score, we just don't. 

I think there are still chemistry problems. Hate to say Moulson and Gionta are gumming up the works even though their numbers are ok for aging players...and there are other regulars  like Gus, and Foligno who aren't carrying their weight. Kane has been having problems fitting in and now the scandal seems to have a chilling effect. I was expecting more scoring out of Bogo and other D  too...but last 2 years have been historically bad. This is almost an entirely new team and needss time to gel but I think another trade or two is needed.

Sabres have to work on the empty net offense.  

Why is it that blind passes that almost go through the goal crease and there's no one there to even take a swing at them?

Could it be there is no net front presence on a consistent basis?

Samson and Legwand seem to be the two that are determined to do it. I can't blame coaching as it seems that DB will give ice time to anyone that will take the beating. Which is why I think Legwand played the last 2 minutes of the Isle's game. Till it is a team wide mentality, it will be a while before we score on all situations.

Hey guys!

Happy new year to you all, didnt get to see the game last night but been reading this post with all replys and seen the game recap.
43 shots on goal, 1 goal.. damn.

Linus Ullmark did what he could i guess. Its really messed up how little we score when Ullmark is in the net, what the ... ?

Edited by MODO Hockey

Happy New Year MODO!

Here's a cool number from last night. 150: combined age of the two TV play by play guys, Jiggs McDonald for the Isles (77) and Rick for the Sabres (73).

That evasive maneuver by Eichel on the Boychuk attempted hit was amazing. Another example of a "did he just do that" visual from Eichel. I don't think anything will beat the pass to himself very early in the season, however.

Is anyone else still wondering how that first Isles goal wasn't waived off for interference? Ullmark was pushed across the crease! I honestly woke up with this on my mind.

That was beyond frustrating. The early whistle on the pp when the puck was on Moulson's stick was just as egregious. Game should have been 2-1 Sabres.

Pretty sure the officials started celebrating the new year around noon. They were brutal. Gionta gets kneed - no call; has a clean stick check - hooking. At least 7 or 8 other blatent mis/no calls.

Was there any word on Jack's issue from last shift of the 1st? Team Dr didn't come out of the dressing room until about 4 minutes gone in the 2nd, Jack came out just before 1st TV time out. Went down awkwardly at the end of that 1st shift of the 2nd and went pretty gingerly to the bench.

Very disappointed in Ristoleinen last night. Had a hard time receiving passes and got himself out of position more often than usual. Guess that's an indication of how good he normally is, as he was still their 2nd best D man.

Really liked Jack & Gus together. No goals w/ those 2 together last night, but real good zone possession for that line as they were cycling w/ Gionta very well - but need to get shots through, and they both create room for good zone entries. Jack might have found his Renberg; now they just have to get him his LeClair - Fasching (or maybe Bailey) perhaps?

Is it wrong that I really liked watching Boychuk board himself trying to run Eichel? Happened right where he ####ed up Vanek way back when in game 2. Couldn't happen to a nicer :censored:.

And the pp was only 1 for 4, but man that 1st unit generated a ton of chances.

Is anyone else still wondering how that first Isles goal wasn't waived off for interference? Ullmark was pushed across the crease! I honestly woke up with this on my mind.

So he was being pushed toward the puck? Weren't they trying to help him? :)

Is it wrong that I really liked watching Boychuk board himself trying to run Eichel? Happened right where he ####ed up Vanek way back when in game 2. Couldn't happen to a nicer :censored:.

If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right. The Sabres had won Game 1 and were leading 2-0 when hatchet man went to work. Karma!

Edited by PASabreFan

Half of Eichel's assists this season have come in the last 5 games.  I'm happy he's finally finding his teammates, but I'm really concerned that Bylsma is going to lean on him too hard again.  Eichel spent the first part of the second period in the locker room and still finished the game with over 20 minutes.

Well, he also had 3 assists taken away by challenges earlier in the year, no? I'm with you on the minutes though.

Well, he also had 3 assists taken away by challenges earlier in the year, no? I'm with you on the minutes though.

If you add in the phantom points:

9 assists in his first 33 games.  6 assists in his last 5.

Let's add in all the "Evander Kane blasted a wide open goal into the not goal" assists, too.

15 assists in his first 33 games.

That evasive maneuver by Eichel on the Boychuk attempted hit was amazing. Another example of a "did he just do that" visual from Eichel. I don't think anything will beat the pass to himself very early in the season, however.

Right there is the difference between Eich and McDavid.

Half of Eichel's assists this season have come in the last 5 games.  I'm happy he's finally finding his teammates, but I'm really concerned that Bylsma is going to lean on him too hard again.  Eichel spent the first part of the second period in the locker room and still finished the game with over 20 minutes.

The word finally there is bothering me. Something something Kane wide.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.