Who's next? Sawyer or Patrick or both?

PASabreFan

Sawyer's a Black guy. Patrick has links to both Black and Sawyer.

What do they do?

How long do they have?

I'm pretty sure Sawyer is Caucasian and please be careful, I wouldn't want to lose your input over a Colin Cowherd type comment like that although you did capitalize it so there is a certain amount of respect shown. There are several Black people in Hockey management doing splendid jobs.

I'm pretty sure Sawyer is Caucasian and please be careful, I wouldn't want to lose your input over a Colin Cowherd type comment like that although you did capitalize it so there is a certain amount of respect shown. There are several Black people in Hockey management doing splendid jobs.

Black Senior Advisor and Alt-Governors Matter!  

Too Soon? 

I think Patrick left, but not bodily, after PLF jumped ship.

And as for Sawyer, I'm not sure he ever was here.

You may be on to something. I looked up Ken Sawyer on the Buffalo Sabres website and I am pretty sure the picture they have of him is the same picture that was in my new wallet a couple of years ago. 

These are fair questions.

Neither guy is on site in Buffalo. That alone may save them.

What are their duties, even? Big picture consultant-types for business (Sawyer) and hockey (Patrick)? I can see Sawyer "leaving," then (if he's still "there"). Patrick would seem like a GM TM call.

I think their fate is in the hands of GMTM.  If Murray says good hockey people we need them around, they stay.

or

Maybe Russ keeps one around as an advisor for all things hockey/player/coach related. He has an independent voice that can give him his knowledge as to how the team is progressing. Patrick is a perfect candidate as he has no motivation to unseat gm or coach. Just his personal view of how things are being managed hockey wise. Russ will see to the business side.

Edited by Woods-Racer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.