Calder Cup Finals

PromoTheRobot

The Manchester Monarchs mopped the Utica Auditorium ice with the Comets 6-2 last night to take a 3-1 series lead in the AHL finals.

This is the last AHL season in NH for the Kings farm team so this is a nice going away gift for the fans, considering this team made it past the first round only once in 14 prior seasons. LA swaps their ECHL team to Manchester next season.

Sadly the AHL insists on the 2-3-2 playoff format even though the two cities are just a 5 hour bus ride apart. So if Manchester wins tonight Monarchs fans won't get to see it on home ice.

If it does work out that way at least I can say I was at the first Monarchs game and the last.

Edited by Promonov Robotnik

Will you support the ECHL team next season?

Yes. In the end, I'm just there for the beer and the yelling. I like hockey and I can watch ECHL just fine. In fact I look forward to seeing the Elmira Jackals. The Rochester Americans almost never played Manchester the last 14 years. This way I get to see some Sabres prospects.

Poor Utica. It's been good to see them gain traction in that town. They're going to be a great rival for Rochester going forward. The battle of the beers.

True, but how long before the Canucks move that franchise west? The only reason they are even in Utica is the NHL c#ckblocked them from Seattle.

True, but how long before the Canucks move that franchise west? The only reason they are even in Utica is the NHL c#ckblocked them from Seattle.

Word is the Canucks would love to move Utica to Abbotsford which is about an hours drive from Van. Calgary currently has their farm there. Not sure how that could be worked out.

Word is the Canucks would love to move Utica to Abbotsford which is about an hours drive from Van. Calgary currently has their farm there. Not sure how that could be worked out.

Portland would be nice, although if Seattle winds up with an NHL team, Portland is the natural landing spot for their AHL affiliate. How about a Flames affiliate in Saskatoon or Regina?

The truth is any AHL city that's more than a few hours by car from their parent team has a target on it.

Edited by Promonov Robotnik

Poor Utica. It's been good to see them gain traction in that town. They're going to be a great rival for Rochester going forward. The battle of the beers.

I know the Amerks are our farm team and all but as far as beers go, it's UC for me!

Abbotsford moved to Adirondack last year, so there is no team there. And next year Calgary's farm team will again be in a new city; Stockton, California.

Thanks. I wonder if the Nucks are working on that. It would be a perfect fit for them.

I think Utica is a tremendous minor hockey market and I wonder if the Comets go west if the ECHL could be in their future?

The E needs more Northeastern teams to ease travel costs for their recent AHL converts.

Yes. In the end, I'm just there for the beer and the yelling. I like hockey and I can watch ECHL just fine. In fact I look forward to seeing the Elmira Jackals. The Rochester Americans almost never played Manchester the last 14 years. This way I get to see some Sabres prospects.

I feel bad that your town is losing their AHL franchise especially coming off a championship season.  As far as seeing Sabres prospects come to town next year and beyond at the ECHL level, the problem is that most will likely never going to succeed at the AHL level let alone the NHL level. i.e. Jacobs, Sundher, etc...  I don't think more than a few of them were even signed to Sabres two-way contracts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.