Where would Reinhart have been picked in this year's draft?

SDS

He the same height/weight as McDavid last I checked.

...minus the speed and hands.    He has a very good hockey IQ for a kid his age, but he's slow and weak.    He could use a season or two in Rochester to acclimate to the pro game... slow cook him like the Red Wings with all their prospects, especially if Babcock is in the mix..

I think Reinhart would be around 5-7 this year.  Marner, Strome and Hanifin would be picked before him I think.  Unless Reinhart has been able to add some substantial muscle I wouldn't be surprised he spends some or all of next year at Rochester.  Especially if the Sabres get McEichel.  Larson, Girgensons and Grigorenko, or whoever Murray trades for, can hold down the center spots.

...minus the speed and hands.    He has a very good hockey IQ for a kid his age, but he's slow and weak.    He could use a season or two in Rochester to acclimate to the pro game... slow cook him like the Red Wings with all their prospects, especially if Babcock is in the mix..

Reinhart actually added strength and has been working very hard on his game to be more ready for the NHL riggers he will face.  Sam Reinhart will not spend a season or two in Rochester. To me that is laughable. 

No one has McDavid's Speed/Hands.  

He the same height/weight as McDavid last I checked.

Yea but people are going to do exactly what they did with Grigorenko, judge them for the 9 games they played that one time instead of the 900 games they play after that.  I bet people don't remember how often Zemgus was knocked/fell down during his first year and a half in Buffalo. 

I think Reinhart would be around 5-7 this year.  Marner, Strome and Hanifin would be picked before him I think.  Unless Reinhart has been able to add some substantial muscle I wouldn't be surprised he spends some or all of next year at Rochester.  Especially if the Sabres get McEichel.  Larson, Girgensons and Grigorenko, or whoever Murray trades for, can hold down the center spots.

Reinhart dominated the WJC outperforming Eichel and McDavid, while Strome and Marner did not make the team.

NHL Director of Central Scouting Dan Marr acknowledged that Reinhart presents a "throwback" type of style on the ice reminiscent of Hall of Fame members Ron Francis and Adam Oates"

If he comes close to either Sabres fans will be thrilled.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.