GDT Sabres at NYI 4-4-15 7PM MSG, GR 550

Brawndo

Finished the period a lot better than they started.

The Grigorenko line looks like the only line that can sustain pressure in the Islander's zone.

Grigorenko has gotten so much better at getting to loose pucks and doing something with them.

He was absolutely useless in that area last year.

Foligno has been a beast at possession lately and Des is doing his share as well.

Adding Larsson, Fasching, Girgensons and Kane is making the Sabres a lot harder to play against in the attacking zone.

I'll say it again. We still suck, but I like Murray's vision for this team.

Sabres playing the better teams in the league pretty even, and at times, outplaying them.  Some of that has got to be Nolan and the coaching staff.  They've done an admirable job maintain positive momentum knowing they are likely unemployed after the season.

Sabres playing the better teams in the league pretty even, and at times, outplaying them.  Some of that has got to be Nolan and the coaching staff.  They've done an admirable job maintain positive momentum knowing they are likely unemployed after the season.

Rolston was .25 winning percentage last year.  Nolan has exceeded expectations with .28, despite a decimated roster.  I think many on this team will find jobs.  Sabres just need one point to improve on last years point total.  They already have more wins than last year.  

Rolston was .25 winning percentage last year.  Nolan has exceeded expectations with .28, despite a decimated roster.  I think many on this team will find jobs.  Sabres just need one point to improve on last years point total.  They already have more wins than last year.  

Good stats, Anna.  Admittedly, my "analysis" was more anecdotal.  They are just playing extremely hard with a roster that is much worse than they had earlier in the year (no Girg, Gorges, Weber, Enroth, etc.).

They way this group is playing top teams in the last half of the season gives me hope for next year.  Add a couple players (including a goalie) and stay healthy, they will be better and much improved team.  They have dumped more talented players the past two seasons but the point total and wins are the same.  Tells you how many guys were content getting a pay check and not putting in the effort. Like the way they are playing the Islanders tonight.

Yes. Power Play! Are you ready d4rksabrefan?!

I've been watching but I'm distracted eating the food of my people! Fresh pierogi, fresh kielbasa, placzek, and of course cold Zywiec, brewed in my great grandmother's hometown. I love this time of year. :beer:

If someone told you that your boss thinks you're worthless and do a lousy job, would it motivate you to prove otherwise. These guys are professional athletes with a ton of pride. The players are pissed that they are part of the worst team in the league and do not want that stigma. They are embarrassed that the fans are jeering them, not cheering them. Nolan is the messenger and if they don't have a pin-up of Kim Pegula in the locker room, I would be surprised. I think it's more player pride with a Win One for the Gipper speech from Nolan on a regular basis. I think he is a motivator and not a x's and o's coach, and what I would like to see going forward is an x's and o's coach. You cannot win long-term with motivational speeches. It gets old and out-maneuvered.

Sabres are making this way too interesting.

This team, despite being bad, has come a long way with having good habits. They use their bodies to shield the puck better, they're a little more patient, they're going to the dirty areas. All the things we could never get the Jason Pominville Sabres to do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.