OT : NHL 15 - On EA Access Early Release for XBOX ONE

Kristian

Hey all,

Just thought I'd mention it, NHL 15 is available for early release on EA Access.

You can sign up to a EA Access for a 1 month subscribtion for 4.95, then cancel it. This allows you to play the full version of the game until release day, to see if it's worth getting.

My gamertag is Ado173, in case somebody wants to have a quick go, online.

Thanks for the update. Is the early release only for the Xbox One? I'm waiting until next year to pick up a PS4. Had too many red rings w/ the 360. Plus, Xbox had an original plan of requiring your system to be online and the practical, indirect elimination of hard copy games. Major backlash from the gaming community switched that around. I am concerned Microsoft would switch back to their original plan though. I'm just not on the download only bandwagon.

As for NHL 15, any of you feel confident in the release on the PS3 and 360? I understand it won't have many of the upgrades on the PS4/Xbox One versions, but will it be worth picking up? I try to pick up every NHL game by EA Sports. Admittedly for the rosters, but usually there's tweak here and there that gives me another reason to pick up the latest release. Just curious if anyone else is going the PS3/360 route.

And if you'd like to have my gamer tag, send me a private message. I'd enjoy playing you guys. I have a PS3.

Go Sabres!!!

Thanks for the update. Is the early release only for the Xbox One? I'm waiting until next year to pick up a PS4. Had too many red rings w/ the 360. Plus, Xbox had an original plan of requiring your system to be online and the practical, indirect elimination of hard copy games. Major backlash from the gaming community switched that around. I am concerned Microsoft would switch back to their original plan though. I'm just not on the download only bandwagon.

As for NHL 15, any of you feel confident in the release on the PS3 and 360? I understand it won't have many of the upgrades on the PS4/Xbox One versions, but will it be worth picking up? I try to pick up every NHL game by EA Sports. Admittedly for the rosters, but usually there's tweak here and there that gives me another reason to pick up the latest release. Just curious if anyone else is going the PS3/360 route.

And if you'd like to have my gamer tag, send me a private message. I'd enjoy playing you guys. I have a PS3.

Go Sabres!!!

The Current Gen and Next Gen titles, are only similar in name. Effectively, NHL15 for the PS3/X360 are closer to NHL14 v.2, than a new game.

Not an entirely bad thing IMHO, as NHL15 for the X1 lacks a few of the game modes from NHL14, such as "Live the Life", and "GM Connected", and NHL 14 was quite good.

what was cut?

EDIT: Disclaimer: I haven't bought an NHL game since NHL 12

top of the list.....

OTP

EASHL

Picking draft picks in be a gm

Simming to next shift in be a pro

Starting in the chl or minors of be a pro

Playing minor league games in be a gm

Full disclosure, they are talking of patching in OTP or EASHL at a later date

If you go to the ea sports nhl forums you will see people raging about it

Edited by drnkirishone

top of the list.....

OTP

EASHL

Picking draft picks in be a gm

Simming to next shift in be a pro

Starting in the chl or minors of be a pro

Playing minor league games in be a gm

Full disclosure, they are talking of patching in OTP or EASHL at a later date

If you go to the ea sports nhl forums you will see people raging about it

wow. yupp...trend continues. Gonna keep playing 'Be a GM' and 'be a pro' in NHL 12

Plus it's not too hard to get updated rosters, prospects, and draft class to old versions. But I am excited for nhl 16 on xbox one, nhl series is by far my favorite sports game

I'll be getting 15, but my excitement has been as watered down as the game appears to be.

I just saw there is no draft in GM mode... (I don't know if you play GM mode)

I do and one of the biggest reasons I was excited was just to draft McDavid... Now I'm not sure I'll be able to do that. Ridiculous. Hopefully a major patch will come through.

yea they have to patch some of this in?

Modes/Features

• No GM Connected
  • No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
  • No EA Sports Hockey League
  • No EA Sports Arena
  • No Online Shootouts
  • No Live the Life
  • No Be A Legend
  • No Winter Classic
  • No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
  • No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
  • No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
  • No custom music support
  • No create-a-play designer
  • Cannot customize each team's AI
  • No create-a-team
  • No way to edit individual players
  • Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie

Gameplay

• No custom camera option
  • No Action Tracker replay highlights
  • No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.

Be A GM

• Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
  • Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
  • Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
  • No fantasy draft option
  • No preseason games

Be A Pro

• No option to sim ahead to the next shift
  • You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
  • The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
  • No All-Star game

Ultimate Team

• Cannot play against your friends
  • No tournaments
  • No mobile app

Edited by Numark

I'm not purchasing a PS4 yet, and if I had NHL 14 I would just keep that and not bother paying for 15 because it appears to be the same thing as 14 on PS3/360 except with correct rosters, Samson, and different announcers. I do not have it though, because I generally purchase the odd-numbers, so I will be grabbing NHL 15 because I'm tired of seeing the Dallas Stars in their old jerseys minus Tyler Seguin, Luke Adam tearing it up with Ville Leino and Nathan Gerbe for Buffalo, and things of that nature.

Hahaha... this is killing me.

What a joke by EA. I'm glad I haven't even purchased a next gen console. I went back to PC gaming and have been happy.

The only game I routinely played on 360 was NHL13 (skipped 14) and then this garbage comes out? Wow. It's pathetic.

If I was a potential consumer I wouldn't even consider touching the game until those supposed patches are put in. By purchasing the game now you are only justifying the mediocrity (if it's even that) of the production team and reinforcing that you'll settle for less now with the hopes that something comes along later.

Wimpy said it best, "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." In this case, you buy the game today.. EA will make it worth your money later. In theory.

I must admit, I'd much rather the development team focused their energy on delivering a nice "on-ice" experience, rather than a half-assed game, loaded with different game modes.

IMHO, the AI in next-gen NHL 15 is vastly superior to that of NHL 14, and the new player and puck physics really make for an enjoyable game, so far.

Also, the teammate AI in Be A Pro, is vastly improved, and your teammates actually attempt to create plays in the offensive zone, plays a shutdown game if you're up by 2 in the third, and on some nights, just make plain bad decisions. Just like they would in real life.

Edited by Kristian

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.