NHL BOG adopts new draft lottery for 2015 - NHLPA must okay.

PromoTheRobot

Not saying TBD is the paragon of sanity,but I say PTRs point is valid about the board looks dead and if you are not in the twelve or so posters who dominate, you are pretty much viewed as a moron.

I get y'all think this is a "smarter" board, i don't agree, as there is such a paucity of opinion.

For the few that dominate, i get its a great board.For us others, not so much!

I actually love this post.

I think there is a very good chance the nhlpa doesn't approve this plan right away. Article 8 exhibit 4 lays out the weighting in the CBA.

Which limits the lottery to only 1 pick btw. The players might want a little something back.

I would think the NHLPA would be all over this. A chance to not have the best young stars betrothed to the worst teams in the league seems to, IMO, work in the best interests of the players.

I would prefer the NHL go to a true lottery where each team that does not make the playoffs gets an equal chance. One team one ball in the hopper.

My two cents: This is a bull ###### move that is presumably being pushed by someone behind the scenes. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago when this died and now it has reared its ugly head again.

If you are going to change the rules, you do it for a few years down the road. Teams (including the Sabres) have made decisions based on the present system.

Is it a coincidence that this is happening now in advance of the 2015 draft? Obviously not.

Wouldn't the proposed change actually work in favor of the Sabres? They have three first round picks and likely two lottery picks.

Not meant to steer the post off course. However, even with the draft rule changes, potentially picking #2 in the 2015 NHL Draft will not be so bad. Connar McDavid and Jack Eichel are currently the two top prospects and some outlets believe Eichel is closing the gap on McDavid. I would have no problem with Eichel paired with Sam Reinhart. The tandem together would be the face of the Sabres for the next 10 years. Add possibly another C, via the NY Isles 1st that we own, in prospects Colin White, Kyle Conner or Dylan Strome............we could be uber loaded at C.

Edited by Chester Springs Rich

Not meant to steer the post off course. However, even with the draft rule changes, potentially picking #2 in the 2015 NHL Draft will not be so bad. Connar McDavid and Jack Eichel are currently the two top prospects and some outlets believe Eichel is closing the gap on McDavid. I would have no problem with Eichel paired with Sam Reinhart. The tandem together would be the face of the Sabres for the next 10 years. Add possibly another C, via the NY Isles 1st that we own, in prospects Colin White, Kyle Conner or Dylan Strome............we could be uber loaded at C.

There is a chance the Sabres could be drafting #1 and #2 next year.

I would think the NHLPA would be all over this. A chance to not have the best young stars betrothed to the worst teams in the league seems to, IMO, work in the best interests of the players.

I would prefer the NHL go to a true lottery where each team that does not make the playoffs gets an equal chance. One team one ball in the hopper.

Wouldn't the proposed change actually work in favor of the Sabres? They have three first round picks and likely two lottery picks.

Unions generally want something back when there are unilateral changes to their collective bargains. They took a year to approve realignment, that's simply my point.

I think there is a very good chance the nhlpa doesn't approve this plan right away. Article 8 exhibit 4 lays out the weighting in the CBA.

Which limits the lottery to only 1 pick btw. The players might want a little something back.

You're probably right

But this will probably ultimately be true

For the love of god, just hold off until 2016 please! I know that Buffalo isn't the hockey market of markets, but it has a starving fan base who just wants to get back to the 2007-2008 feeling. No need to go chopping Murray off at the knees once he finally has the chance to rebuild the supports of HSBC arena. New life into the market, a new feeling and something to feel happy about going forward. Especially in a draft that Buffalo has 3 1sts, 2 seconds.

So now that it looks like the non-MFT Sabres are going to be good enough to not be in the McDavid sweepstakes, are they going to go back to the old lottery system?

Kind of looks like TM is telling the league 'see, I told you we might suck next year but it won't be by my design.'

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.