If you were the Islanders

bob_sauve28

In the die by the blade article they say that Garth said he is not willing to pay the price tag for moulson. So the only fa that they have a good chance of recruiting, that can make an impact, they are not willing to pay. Yeah, I'm am betting we get a top five pick next year.

If Wang is set on selling the team this coming year, I don't see any reason for him to spend any money on FAs. It makes little financial sense for him to do this and the team would be more attractive to buy if it wasn't stuck with a bunch of long, multi-million dollar contracts. Any new owner would likely want a clean slate.

Plus, weren't the Islanders in a selling mode last deadline? They dumped Vanek and likely would've dumped JT if he wasn't injured. And I would be so certain the Islanders are going to be good with a bunch of prospects coming of age. It's going to take 1-2 years for these kids to be hitting on all cylinders.

That sentence is such complete and utter bull#### it makes the rest of whatever you said invalid as well.

If Wang is set on selling the team this coming year, I don't see any reason for him to spend any money on FAs. It makes little financial sense for him to do this and the team would be more attractive to buy if it wasn't stuck with a bunch of long, multi-million dollar contracts. Any new owner would likely want a clean slate.

Plus, weren't the Islanders in a selling mode last deadline? They dumped Vanek and likely would've dumped JT if he wasn't injured. And I would be so certain the Islanders are going to be good with a bunch of prospects coming of age. It's going to take 1-2 years for these kids to be hitting on all cylinders.

They dumped Vanek after he wouldn't sign LT w/ them. They would have preferred to keep him. There is no ####ing way they would have gotten rid of Tavares.

• 1 month later...

Signing halak is part of the plan, obviously. I've read in a few places that their finish this year was out of whack with most of their advanced stats (that they were a borderline playoff team per the stats) -- that abysmal goaltending was the cause. Strikes me that the Isles are apt to have a much better year in 2015-2016. I'll be pulling for them to stink, but my guess is that they're projecting to the 15-20 spot range. Even so, in an historically good draft, even the 10th pick could be a real dandy.