GDT: Buffalo at New York Islanders 3-15-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

GOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

What year is Edmonton on in their rebuild? 10?

That was extremely short lived. Weber once again gets burned.

Nitro this is a pretty good article on why the Oilers rebuild was done poorly. It was written by Jonathan Willis who covers them for Edmonton Journal.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2014/03/15/the-edmonton-oilers-current-defensive-problems-stem-from-incredibly-bad-rebuilding-strategy/

Yeah we heard you...but answer me this: where are we supposed to get better players than we have? Even with the players we traded away we didn't make the playoffs. FAs? That Leino is pretty special. The big time players aren't coming to Buffalo even if you overpay them, unless coming there gives them a chance at the cup. Draft in the middle teens consistently and you set yourself up to draft there constantly, and you still miss the playoffs.

I will answer but not in this thread. I hear you though.

Hang in there it will get better. If you really needsomething to hang on to get hockeystreams.com. i have able to watch a lot of our prospects across all the leagues and we do have troops coming.

Connor McDavid will end the season at 99 points in 56 games.

He has bust written all over him... :flirt:

Kris Baker@SabresProspects 1m

Nick Baptiste gets his second of the game late but SBY falls to BELV 7-4. Baptiste: 65gp 46-43-89, 26 goals in 29 games since 1/1. #Sabres

One man will not turn around the franchise.

Hang in there it will get better. If you really needsomething to hang on to get hockeystreams.com. i have able to watch a lot of our prospects across all the leagues and we do have troops coming.

Forgive my cynicism, but I'll believe it when I see it. We've been sold "The Future" for too long for me to buy it this time.

One man will not turn around the franchise.

True, but one man in combination with these names will

Yeah, I'm pretty excited to see the kids grow up. Risto, McCabe, Zadorov, Compher, Fasching, among others. There's a lot to look forward to, even before we execute the ridiculous number of first and second round draft picks coming up in the next two drafts.

BTW, the Sabres are 28 points out of the Wildcard spot, and there are only 30 points now left in the season (15 games). One more loss and they'll be on the brink of mathematical elimination - already. But they're already eliminated by common sense - the Sabres would have to collect 28 out of 30 points. And that ain't happenin'. The team is truly gutted now.

BTW, the Sabres are 28 points out of the Wildcard spot, and there are only 30 points now left in the season (15 games). One more loss and they'll be on the brink of mathematical elimination - already. But they're already eliminated by common sense - the Sabres would have to collect 28 out of 30 points. And that ain't happenin'. The team is truly gutted now.

Soooooooooooo, there's still a chance? ;)

And THIS is better than fighting for a playoff spot and then having your team in the playoffs? At least then i would be watching unlike the last two months.

Sorry guys a two year or more tank for some possible high end draft picks is not worth it to me. Odds are in five years the top teams of today will still be the top teams then.

Good organizations win - not tank.

Unlike any other league in pro sports, the NHLs superstars always come from the top 5 players drafted. In order to obtain such a player, you need to earn it.

Wishing to strive for a middling team to achieve mediocre status is beyond fool hardy. They need this, more than any team has needed anything. The Sabres need to draft absolute bonafide superstars in the next two drafts. Hoping they sign a bunch of middling players to achieve mediocre status is a fools errand and will only retard the franchises transformation to succes.

Forgive my cynicism, but I'll believe it when I see it. We've been sold "The Future" for too long for me to buy it this time.

Nobody, at least not that I know of, is saying the current path guarantees a cup. I think there are two points of view in the current debate. One, which I subscribe to, is that to win the cup your highest probability is directly related to the amount of high end talent on your roster. The other view is that it does'nt take much to put together a squad who can compete for a po spot. In no event does either camp want the end result to suck. I choose to want the brass ring and am willing to sacrifice in the near term. Time may well show it was not the right path. I can live with that. I can also understand the cynicism toward promises. Edited by 3putt

Nobody, at least not that I know of, is saying the current path guarantees a cup. I think there are two points of view in the current debate. One, which I subscribe to, is that to win the cup your highest probability is directly related to the amount of high end talent on your roster. The other view is that it does'nt take much to put together a squad who can compete for a po spot. In no event does either camp want the end result to suck. I choose to want the brass ring and am willing to sacrifice in the near term. Time may well show it was not the right path. I can live with that. I can also understand the cynicism toward promises.

It is a unique situation where both sides are right in their point of view.

Nitro this is a pretty good article on why the Oilers rebuild was done poorly. It was written by Jonathan Willis who covers them for Edmonton Journal.

http://blogs.edmonto...lding-strategy/

This is exactly why i think the tank will work for us. Our blueline is lightyears better than edmonton's right now. It will only get better as our stacked D-prospect list starts to mature. The only thing we're tanking for is goalscoring, and goalscoring is the thing that improves the most the further up the draft you go.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

This is exactly why i think the tank will work for us. Our blueline is lightyears better than edmonton's right now. It will only get better as our stacked D-prospect list starts to mature. The only thing we're tanking for is goalscoring, and goalscoring is the thing that improves the most the further up the draft you go.

Great points, completely agree.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.