SPOILER GDT: CANADA v. NORWAY

Eleven

Remember, the US/Slovakia game was 1-0 after one period.......

Yes, but it wasn't this sloppy.

Exactly. The USA was clearly in control and firing on all cylinders. They just were able to break down the defense better in the 2nd. In the 3rd they relaxed a little.

Canada has been very sloppy with almost no fluid play. With how good Canada's centers are, I would think that they would have had some better chances or flow to their game. I still think Canada wins but they need to up their level of play.

Keep in mind too that Norway may only have 1 NHL player but the rest I think are all from Finish Elite or Swedish Hockey League.

For Canada such a game has to be more about working learning each other , system. A close win they criticized , a beat down they rubbing it in, they win it obvious they should, they lose a huge embarrassment . Funny looking at team management when goal went in, not a blink of eye , a gesture. In the end it about getting some ice time together , no injuries. May not be such a bad thing for U.S team to face Russia next, would rather see what my adversary has early than late.

Here they are!

For Canada such a game has to be more about working learning each other , system. A close win they criticized , a beat down they rubbing it in, they win it obvious they should, they lose a huge embarrassment . Funny looking at team management when goal went in, not a blink of eye , a gesture. In the end it about getting some ice time together , no injuries. May not be such a bad thing for U.S team to face Russia next, would rather see what my adversary has early than late.

I just wanna see what our boys can do against a worthy adversary

Well 2-0 Canunks after 2. I saw most of the first and a bit of the second and although the game was sloppy, there was no doubt who the better team was (and should be mind you). If we end up winning 3-0 or 4-0 I just hope they stay confident. You don't have to blow out eveyone early, especially the way the tourney is set up with everyone making it out of the first round.

Oh man, hyperextends his knee, is making way off ice... ref KNOCKS HIM OVER, is crawling on all fours, and then his teammate pushes him on the bum to the door. I hope he's ok... but seriously ref, you knock him over and still don't blow the whistle?!

Kunitz has a face just made for punching.

I thought the exact same thing seeing him go off to the box lol.

Well certainly not the dominating performance most expected; Canada goes on to a 3-1. I thought Crosby was brutal out there in the few times I did notice him. On the other hand, Nash really impressed me this game. He played much better than I've seen him play on the Rags. On to the next game against Austria tomorrow!

They may not have scored that much but Canada dominated the game.

Zuccarello for Norway really stood out to me.

Olimb, too. Let's give him a tryout.

Olimb, too. Let's give him a tryout.

Wait a minute, there are two of them. No wonder I kept hearing their name.

This is basically what they were saying about the first womans game, they had the ability to blow out the team they were facing, but it appeared they held back in order to not rub it in and blow them out. Norway appeared to have been held in the game by some pretty good goaltending, and it appeared this game for team Canada was one where they were still trying to get used to playing with each other

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.