GDT SPOILER THREAD USA v. SLOVAKIA

Eleven

Too Bad NBC isn't also showing the Russia Slovenia game. I would click back and forth or have picture in picture working. Annoying along with the announcers. Stuck home with kids in the snow near NYC. Suppose to get 14 inches today. We will see. I remember walking to school after 2 ft overnite. But it is scary driving around here with all the idiot soccer mom's in there SUVs and Wallstreet knuckle heads in their Bimmers who have no clue and insist on tailgating at 55mpg plus. I am staying home.

Nice shot by Tatar on that off side goal.

Too Bad NBC isn't also showing the Russia Slovenia game. I would click back and forth or have picture in picture working. Annoying along with the announcers. Stuck home with kids in the snow near NYC. Suppose to get 14 inches today. We will see. I remember walking to school after 2 ft overnite. But it is scary driving around here with all the idiot soccer mom's in there SUVs and Wallstreet knuckle heads in their Bimmers who have no clue and insist on tailgating at 55mpg plus. I am staying home.

Russia v Slovenia is on MSNBC.

Loving it, I forget the lead NBC announcer's name, but they were discussing a good day for a D man, not having his name mentioned and then asked Millbury the question if it was a good day for an announcer if no one was complaining about him. He answered yes for me.

Millbury may need a little hate sent his way.

So I missed the second period. I guess nothing happened?

Seriously, I'm curious as to the Slovak goal. Since they had no quality chances in the first, I'm wondering what it looked like.

Blown offsides call, the puck came out and right back in. D was caught flat footed.

7-1 USA. Kessel line and Kessler line and Kane were buzzing.

Edited by North Buffalo

So I missed the second period. I guess nothing happened?

Seriously, I'm curious as to the Slovak goal. Since they had no quality chances in the first, I'm wondering what it looked like.

Shouldn't have even counted...it was very clearly offsides on the play. Should be 7-0 now.

So with such an ass-whooping in the first game, is Bylsma gonna just stick with Quick vs Russia? Not that Quick has had to do much today, but I would say Quick has looked quite good in limited action.

Edited by cdexchange

Shouldn't have even counted...it was very clearly offsides on the play. Should be 7-0 now.

So with such an ass-whooping in the first game, is Bylsma gonna just stick with Quick vs Russia? (not that Quick has had to do much today).

There was a lot of speculation on the radio yesterday that Miller would get the start against Russia, but I think it's a bad idea. Not that any of these games count anyway (the best a team can do is earn a one-game bye in the medal round; the worst is to lose the same bye, since every team makes the medal round), but I'd start the same guy. The team needs to get used to playing in front of someone, and they look comfortable in front of Quick. Miller can have the Sunday start against Slovenia so Quick doesn't have to play back-to-back. At least, that's what I'd do at this point.

Welp, I guess hockey is over for me for today.

Not going to follow the noon game?

There was a lot of speculation on the radio yesterday that Miller would get the start against Russia, but I think it's a bad idea. Not that any of these games count anyway (the best a team can do is earn a one-game bye in the medal round; the worst is to lose the same bye, since every team makes the medal round), but I'd start the same guy. The team needs to get used to playing in front of someone, and they look comfortable in front of Quick. Miller can have the Sunday start against Slovenia so Quick doesn't have to play back-to-back. At least, that's what I'd do at this point.

Not going to follow the noon game?

Nope, I gotta go to work. :-( Day number 11 in a row.

That makes perfect sense.

Russia pulling away now. Can't wait until Saturday!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.