The Official Start Martin Biron Thread

PTS

I'm not off the Sabres bandwagon, but I'm off Miller's bandwagon. He has sucked from day one after the break.

Give Marty more than one game to get back into it. It's clear Ryan has lost it.

This month turned from possibly the best month of the season into the worst month of the season.

I was about to start the same thread.

It is over for Miller. They kept Biron why??? So they could pay him more to sit on the bench than Noronen??

Ryan Miller is a great goalie. But his head gets in the way. He is clearly fighting the brain demons. The Jagr goal to tie it is a perfect example of why Miller needs to sit and why they will be out in the first round if goals like that continue to go in. They are killers to the out players.

Biron deserves to carry the ball for more than one game. How a goalie who is consistently letting in 4 plus goals a game, gets to play every night is beyond me.

It is time for Biron. Miller has lost his mojo. This is no time to be foolin around.

This is exactly why you kept Biron, so play him. Or it's 4 and out in the first round.

I also want to apologize to Lundqvist because I thought Miller was much better than him. Boy was I wrong. This guy comes into the game cold and steals two points for the Rangers.

I'm not off the Sabres bandwagon, but I'm off Miller's bandwagon. He has sucked from day one after the break.

Give Marty more than one game to get back into it. It's clear Ryan has lost it.

This month turned from possibly the best month of the season into the worst month of the season.

Are you guys on crack?? The only element of the Sabres that sucks is the DEFENSE. They were ABSOLUTELY picked apart by NYR tonight, as well Boston the other night, Ottawa, Carolina, etc.

The one person we can thank for the chaos the Sabres are currently in is Darcy Regier. HE is the one who has worn out his welcome here in Buffalo. I don't think there's a worse GM in the NHL than him [maybe the guy on the Island, but thats it]. We could really have used that potential defenseman at the break right now, but no, we can just rely on Rory Fitzpatrick...

Ryan Miller is doing everything he can with the pathetic defense being played infront of him.

While the defence may be suspect at times, you cannot tell me Miller is on top of his game. Please.

The Jagr goal was a joke. He does not look confident at all out there.

Hell on the first shoot out goal he was told by Grier to watch "the backhand move" and he still wasn't even close to saving it. You could clearly see Grier say backhand move.

Miller is a headcase. He's said it before that it is all upstairs. Well he looks awful right now. He used to close the door in the 3rd. Now he is sieving.

The 2nd loss all year after leading after two. Things are going downhill very quickly.

Are you guys on f--kin crack?? The only element of the Sabres that sucks is the DEFENSE. They were ABSOLUTELY picked apart by NYR tonight, as well Boston the other night, Ottawa, Carolina, etc.

PTS, just shut up for 24 hours because you're blowing all this crap out of your ass.

Ummm... you can take that type of post elsewhere. There is no need for it here.

There's a need for it because everyone is frustrated. And everyone is right. Whatever problem you are pointing out, you're right. Even the Regier criticism is warranted. I wonder if he still has that smug smirk on his face that he wore on deadline day?

There's a need for it because everyone is frustrated. And everyone is right. Whatever problem you are pointing out, you're right. Even the Regier criticism is warranted. I wonder if he still has that smug smirk on his face that he wore on deadline day?

I think SDS was referring to the swearing.

There's a need for it because everyone is frustrated.

I'm speaking to how he addressed PTS, not his views on Sabres management... Blow off steam on the organization, not your fellow posters.

Larry, while the Jagr bombs were nerve-wracking, it didn't bother me that much. They weren't all the greatest scoring chances. What are you going to do in a 4 on 3 situation, go running out there? You could look pretty bad in a hurry.

Larry, while the Jagr bombs were nerve-wracking, it didn't bother me that much. They weren't all the greatest scoring chances. What are you going to do in a 4 on 3 situation, go running out there? You could look pretty bad in a hurry.

Alright, let me start of by saying I am biased (not that any of you don't know that). But all things being equal Miller is a much better goaltender than Biron. In fact, he has the ability to be one of the elite goaltenders in the league. He has not been playing up to that ability. But if we have any chance in the playoffs, it starts with him. So if he is going to get out of this slump by playing, then play him.

As for Biron...remember that Atlanta game? That was as bad or worse than any Miller performance of the slump.

Finally, I don't trust Biron in high pressure situations, which the playoffs are full of.

Holy panic in the streets, throw everybody under the bus. Our whole team sucks. Fair weather fans, you guys are starting to sound like Leaf fans. I hope there will be room for everybody once the bandwagon gets back on track. I still believe in this team.

I agree Miller hasn't been at his best lately, with the exception of the first Ottawa game, when he was stellar, but it's not all his fault by a longshot. It seems like all they do lately is give up odd man rushes. (Is that why I didn't see Kalinen out there last night?)

Jagr's goal may have looked weak, but maybe they shouldn't just let one of the best scorer's in the league walk out in front of the net where I'm sure Miller was worried about the far post as well. Besides, does anyone remember how shaky Biron was in his last start?

Anyways, we're going to be in the playoffs. We were due for a slump. They've looked better the last couple of games, so let's not panic and keep rooting for the boys!

Anyways, we're going to be in the playoffs. We were due for a slump. They've looked better the last couple of games, so let's not panic and keep rooting for the boys!

Exactly. Anyone who thinks the roof has fallen in and we're headed for a first round exit would do well to look at what the Chicago White Sox did last season. They raced out of the gate to a 15-game lead, nearly blew the entire lead and had to win on the season's last weekend to even make the playoffs, and then what happened? They rolled through the playoffs in convincing fashion and won four straight close games to take the Series.

I know it's different sports, but the White Sox were an awful lot like the Sabres. Nobody expected them to do crap last year. And the slump at the end of the year actually HELPED them because it screwed their heads on right and reminded them what it takes to win under pressure.

It takes a couple of years before you can conclude that a new goalie will be a lasting star. I've said it all along, I'm not sold on Miller. I really see him as another Biron. The best the Sabres can do is play these two career back-ups ( capable back-ups, though ) equally and hope one gets hot.

Miller looked really shaky. It's too easy to blame the defense. A premiere goalie makes any defense look good. An average goalie makes and average defense look pathetic. The latter is the case here.

That Jagr goal was just plain awful. Miller will never be a super-star no matter how many good saves he makes, if he lets garbage like that in. Tying goal, 3rd period. Awful, awful goal.

Don't give up hope gang, if Chris Osgood can back-stop a team to a cup, anything can happen!!

Just seems to me like Miller needs a break - I think Lindy has been trying to play him to get a win and then give him some rest before the playoffs but the 180 has occurred and he keeps racking up losses and digging deeper into the hole (whether it's mental or physical exhaustion). Biron proved himself capable of getting on a run when Ryan was injured earlier in the season. No need to create a goalier controversy - Miller is the # 1 but he's definitely got to be thinking about those goals allowed and I doubt he chalks it all up to poor backchecking, the D not clearing bodies, etc.

Just the body language and facial expressions of Miller alone would make me want to give him some time off - everytime he lets one in, there's a big slump and it almost looks like he's wondering why he's still in the game.

All that said, I think the Sabres will right the ship and go well into the playoffs - glad the regular season doesn't end until mid-April this year.

Miller's our go-to guy, and he represents our only opportunity to win a playoff series (or two), BUT he's clearly in a slump, no longer has to prove to the world that he belongs on Team USA, and no longer is looking over his shoulder at Marty & Mika. Give him a couple games off, let Marty flash a little leather and get Miller's compeptitive edge going again. Also, putting Marty in there for a game or two will do wonders for the rest of the team's defensive play -- they have a bit too much confidence in Miller, so they're not getting back on D. If Marty's in net, these guys KNOW they have to play defense, because Marty is not going to win games by himself.

Give him a couple games off, let Marty flash a little leather and get Miller's compeptitive edge going again. Also, putting Marty in there for a game or two will do wonders for the rest of the team's defensive play -- they have a bit too much confidence in Miller, so they're not getting back on D. If Marty's in net, these guys KNOW they have to play defense, because Marty is not going to win games by himself.

The only problem with this, is that the last time they put Marty in the nets, he was pitiful against Atlanta losing 5-0 and the team defense that night wasn't any different from where it has been over the last few weeks. I agree that the Sabres need to give Marty a few more starts before the playoffs, but my expectations for a Sabres win go down when Miller is replace with Biron.

Did I enter the Bills board by mistake or something???????

Now everyone is calling for Millers head calling him a bust??????

No wonder Buffalo never wins championships, their fans don't deserve it cause they can't appreciate what they have. The sabres a re a good team this year that have been hot all year, now they go into a little slump and everything is back to doom and gloom.

Take a deep breath and climb back aboard the bandwagon, those of us that stayed on will make some room.

I'm not off the bandwagon. I'm cheering for the white buffalos no matter what. I'm just saying I don't think Miller is the goalie everyone thought he was. The Sabres can still win if one of the goalies gets hot and the players play with confidence.

I like the 4 lines the Sabres have, but it's a young team and they have really had their confidence shaken. Ryan Miller could win a Stanley Cup, but he'll never be a Brodeur or Roy.

I'm not off the bandwagon. I'm cheering for the white buffalos no matter what. I'm just saying I don't think Miller is the goalie everyone thought he was. The Sabres can still win if one of the goalies gets hot and the players play with confidence.

I like the 4 lines the Sabres have, but it's a young team and they have really had their confidence shaken. Ryan Miller could win a Stanley Cup, but he'll never be a Brodeur or Roy.

Its basically Millers first year in the NHL.............When did the book have to be written that quickly.

Miller is already good and he can become even better with more experience.

Archived