Starting from scratch...roster...

Ghost of Dwight Drane

That being said... Zadorov to London. Risto to Rochester. Girgensons can stay. Larsson needs to go to Rochester until Leino is bye bye. Armia can stay in Rochester all season because he needs to. Grigorenko is here and is getting better, he basically has to stay so put him on the 3rd line and give him some sheltered minutes, he will learn.

Yes to all of this.

Gotta figure with how durable he's been during his time that he's also channeling Brodeur. We could definitely get another 4 good years out of him unless he suddenly starts falling apart.

I think if I'm the GM I'm less worried about the amount of time left than Miller is. If you sign him for 5 and he retires in 2, oh well. But if I'm Miller and I know I'm 32, I might not want to risk having to retire in 2 years with a team that's done nothing. He might want to go somewhere that at least has a CHANCE at a run. I figure in sports these days you're living on borrowed time after about 30.

I have a theory on that. My son is a right handed baseball pitcher, he doesn't bat much because he pitches but when he bats right handed he swings and misses a lot. When he bats left handed he says he sees the ball better and makes way better contact.

He is right handed so his dominant eye is his right eye, when he is at bat lefty his dominant eye is out front and sees the ball first and better opposed to when he bats righty his weak eye, the left one, doesn't pick up the ball as good or as fast, therefor more swinging and missing. I think a lot of the same principals are within other hand eye coordination sports like hockey. JMO and i'm sticking to it. :nana:

That's a whole lot of logic and it's actually interesting to think about. You might be on to something.

Make no doubt about it. We are in tough for the near future.

If I were Ted Nolan....here is the plan...

Call up: McNabb, Kaleta

Send down: McBain, Ristolainen, Larsson

Activate: Weber

Going forward, my lineup consists of this:

Goalies: Miller 70%, Enroth 30%

Defense:

Ehrhoff Pysyk

Myers Zadorov

Weber McNabb

Tallinder

Forwards:

Moulson Hodgson Foligno

Ott Grigorenko Lieno

Kaleta Girgensons Stafford

Ennis McCormick Tropp

Scott Flynn

Kaleta should be done in Buffalo. He's the Conrad Dobler of the Sabres. That's a reference only meaningful to the old timers on here.

Who you calling old?

*Owns a copy of Dobler's book*

Kaleta is exactly the type of player who would thrive under Nolan. And the team can spin it that he will allow him to be a "hockey player" rather than a side show. If John Scott can play productive minutes (and I hate to type this, but he actually was competent tonight), Kaleta isn't done in this league yet.

Archived