Bury the Pegula Hatchet

I am Defecting

Shut up, you fools, and let me rest in peace! I died in 1960, for Christ's sake, and it wasn't from happiness!

Yuri is but a simple agrarian worker.

So was Tolstoy, you son of a bitch!

Listen, we got Ruff fired, and Regier fired, and Rolston fired. The three R's. Now, what else is there to accomplish? I know, I know, deep in your hearts you might be hanging on to some shred of hope we might also be able to topple the Grand Pegula, but I'm here to tell you, that's a fairy tale, a children's book, some fanciful story you might read to your kids at night, with the utmost sincerity, without ever believing yourself.

You'll point to Rigas, as proof that fairy tales do come true. Let me nip that in the bud, right now, by pointing out that "Pegula," starts with a "P," and we have no prior success in ousting people whose name begins with "P," nor ever will, at this rate. Think about it.

In order to remain reincarnated as a disenfranchised Russian novelist, with a score to settle, I need some sort of basis in reality. We exposed Pegula as a fracker, and that didn't work. We brought him to trial as a meddler, and that didn't work. We even implicated him in the Sandusky scandal, as a kiddie fiddler, and he came out none the worse.

I give up. We took out three of his consigliaries, and that's enough for me. In my first incarnation, I took on Stalin, made some headway in the 20's and 30's, but all the while, the big guy was consolidating power, and growing in influence, and knocking off rivals, and look at him now, embalmed forever and resting in peace in the Red Square with hundreds of daily visitors! I'm lucky if a passerby recognizes my name at my modest Novodevichy digs.

Forget about it. I'm not drinking myself to death again, disillusioned and bitter. Like I told the guys who hijacked my radio signal ;) , put a statue of me up at the Buffalo News, facing the M'arena, and I'll go back to the grave a happy man. Till then, I'll be running an urban farm in Buffalo, eking out a modest living, selling heirloom vegetables to local restaurants.

To hell with Pegula! Embalm the son of a bitch already, just let me enjoy my hockey. Go Sabres!

Edited by Yuri Olesha

• 3 months later...

I follow you...

The good thing about Lafontaine is that he left NY after a month because he couldn't handle Wang. (I know...I know...)

Having gone through that episode, I hope he'd be a bit more cautious in his dealings. My guess is that Lafontaine feels he can deal with a little bit of Terry's cra-cra and feels he will be allowed to do his job. If Lafontaine jumps ship in the next year or so....then we panic.

Guess it's time to unbury the buried hatchet?

However, if Ted Black is to be believed, T-Pegs was disappointed that PLF left.

Of course, "disappointment" can mean a lot of things, in a lot of different contexts. Pegula could be disappointed it didn't work out, but happy to see PLF go. I would love to here Pegula himself say - "I was very saddened when he tendered his resignation - I did not want him to leave and made that very clear to Pat. But Pat left for personal reasons, and he said he enjoyed his time here and would have stayed otherwise." or similar. That would be a bit more definitive.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.