OT: East coast Road Trip

Trettioåtta

Make sure you take route 17 all the way between Charleston and Savannah. It will take a little longer, but you'll see some interesting small southern towns and some great live oak trees draped in Spanish moss by avoiding the 95.

Savannah is the sort of place that you would do well with an afternoon, a night and a morning. Charleston is worth two full days/nights in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

So stuff is all booked now. I fly into Toronto on the 27th Jul, collect the car from Rochester on the 31st Jul, drive to Orlando and drop the car off on the 27th Aug.

Is there an easy way to get from a) Toronto - Rochester or b) Buffalo - Rochester, which does not involve a car?

Basically I am staying with my friends gf's parents and I am not sure they will drive us to Rochester, so it would be great if I knew another easy way. I need to collect the car at 11am

So stuff is all booked now. I fly into Toronto on the 27th Jul, collect the car from Rochester on the 31st Jul, drive to Orlando and drop the car off on the 27th Aug.

Is there an easy way to get from a) Toronto - Rochester or b) Buffalo - Rochester, which does not involve a car?

Basically I am staying with my friends gf's parents and I am not sure they will drive us to Rochester, so it would be great if I knew another easy way. I need to collect the car at 11am

Well...there was this Mayor in Rochester years ago, Bill Johnson was his name, and.... :blink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSC_Dolphin_Jet (In Denmark now?!)

Train service might work for you http://www.amtrak.com/home

Sounds like an awesome trip.

How about the fast ferry? :ph34r:

(38, that's a bad joke about an ill-fated ferry service that used to run between Rochester and Toronto, it's not an option)

There should be a way to do it via bus or train. I don't think there's a boat (there should be, but as bcardona and MattPie mentioned, it got all screwed up).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.