spndnchz

Eric Locke will be 20 by the Fall and is AHL eligible. What's the odds on

Locke, Logan Nelson, & Brady Austin playing in Rochester this year? The

Amerks defence depth chart looks thin, even if Ristolainen players there

this year. Could/would Brady Austin sign an Amerks only contract a la

Fred Roy last year?

McNabb?, Ristolainen??

Jerome Gauthier-LeDuc, MacKenzie, Crawford

That's only 5 players, 6 if you add Brady Austin.

Will the Amerks resign Roy? Luke Adam if resigned is an over-ager, if

I'm not mistaken. MacCormick would make 2 over-agers with more depth

needed for the Amerks.

#143 Anthony Florentino of South Kent Prep

Dman 6-1. 200lbs

http://www.hockeysfu...ony-florentino/

Future Considerations Profile:

ANTHONY FLORENTINO

POSITION: Defenseman

SHOOTS: Right

TEAM: South Kent (USHS)

BORN: January 30, 1995

VITALS: 6’-1” / 195 Lbs

STATS: 58 GP 20 G 30 A 50 PTS N/A PIM

SCOUTING REPORT: Florentino is a solid two-way defender what has some serious upside. He skates well but could improve his first step and short range lateral agility. He has a solid frame to him and uses it in all aspects of the game. A ‘grab the puck and clear the zone’ type,

Florentino doesn’t project to play with much offensive creativity at the next level; a simple meat and potatoes style. He has the ability to shoot a pass up the ice to his forwards but will not likely be one to carry it through the neutral zone himself very often. He has a bomb from the point but will need to work on getting it off quicker. He does his best work deep in his own zone. A hard working, all-in every shift player that plays the game with a high level of energy. He is a physical player who sometimes looks like he hits opponents to hurt them. He uses his size well to separate the puck from the puck carrier and quickly turn the play back the other way.

Florentino shows a very good compete level and solid work ethic. A team leader both on the ice and off it.

His game -- no matter the potential he shows -- is extremely raw and will need ample time to develop. The Providence College commit will get plenty of time to round out his game. He has the potential to wear a letter at the next level.

NHL POTENTIAL: Top 6 Two-Way Defenseman

Kris Baker from Sabres Prospects was on the Howard Simon Show this morning and mentioned that Florentino was the most intrigiung prospect from the later rounds.

A fifth-round goalie who's played for the USA and who is headed to the NCAA? Please tell me the story ends the same way.

@SabresProspects

Waterloo's Cal Petersen reel shows his quickness and reflexes. Another year in USHL then off to Notre Dame >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcqZh5xkhkQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UURR8w9Kfj0Pwa1eE5K2WzUQ …

#Sabres

• 1 month later...

Possler is also not shy about engaging in the physical aspects of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23UT-sa5oe8

He dropped him like a stack of wet dishes!

Actually the most interesting thing about that play to me isn't the hit. It is the way Possler positions himself. After he loses the puck he tracks it all the way down the ice. Still clearly needs time to grow but... Possler is my Catenacci, I think he makes the Sabres in the future.

Just in case anybody's watching, here's prep school highlights of 5'9 190 Anthony Chighisola. This New England kid is tough, talented and comes from hockey stock. Despite coming back from a knee injury, he might make somebody look like a genius for taking a chance on him.

Archived