The Bus Monitor Story

dEnnis the Menace

The 50 hours are with senior citizens per the article and they have to partake in an anti bullying program. I would've liked to have seen more community service, and less suspension. I don't know what the "district re engagement center" is though.

50 hours ... what a joke. With the wide spread bullying problem only getting worse, IMO, these anti bullying programs don't work.

It's probably a school for kids coming out of Juvie, or kids who dropped out and are coming back. I'm not sure it's entirely the best idea, to be honest. The whole goal was to keep them away from things that labeled them as criminals, and this sorta has that effect.

Hopefully it's a boot camp, but it is probably more like a summer camp for the richie rich. Since these delinquents were not charged they are technically not criminals, but it's a slippery slope.

And, what about the parents of these brats? IMO, the "shitbird doesn't fall far from the ###### tree" (or something like that). Probably a chip off the old block ... an old saying, but a good one. The parents should go to parenting boot camp too, or there is not much hope that the kids will change or improve their behavior. Again, IMO.

250 hours community service, go back to regular school, anti-bullying program and counseling, and no bus for you, would have been my sentence.

The "alternative" school is not going to have a good effect on these kids. Well, maybe it will; maybe they'll realize how good they have it in life. But I doubt it, and if that effect does take place, it will do so within a month.

250 hours community service, go back to regular school, anti-bullying program and counseling, and no bus for you, would have been my sentence.

The "alternative" school is not going to have a good effect on these kids. Well, maybe it will; maybe they'll realize how good they have it in life. But I doubt it, and if that effect does take place, it will do so within a month.

My thoughts exactly. Making the parents scramble to get rides for their kids, would be a year long lesson for the entire family. What they got is a joke.

My thoughts exactly. Making the parents scramble to get rides for their kids, would be a year long lesson for the entire family. What they got is a joke.

They still have to scramble to get rides for their kids, though; they're not allowed to take the bus to the alternative school, either.

I think that is the right message and right amount of punishment. 50 hours is a lonnnggg time to be with senior citizens when you're a preteen... Glad to see cooler heads prevailed. A year from school sends the right message..

Archived