GDT: Penguins at Sabres 2/19/2012 12:30PM

qwksndmonster

Ahhh. Only partly because the Pens had to take a late flight after a hard fought game and then get 5 hours of sleep before the next one? Come on, even you Deluca haters have to admit, this was NOT the real Penguins today. No doubt they kill the scheduler after this embarrassment.

Oh boo freaking hoo... they played at 1PM yesterday and spent, what, 45 minutes tops on a plane? That happens ALL the time to NHL teams, it's not an excuse. It's no different than a team playing at 8PM one night and 7PM the next..

And furthermore, yes the Penguins didn't play to their potential today. Part of that was the Sabres playing well and dictating play, part of that was the Penguins playing bad. That's the whole point of playing games. The Sabres haven't played to their potential 90% of the season...

Just enjoy the win. We don't need to make excuses for the Penguins.

theres a team called lake erie?

Yeah. The Monsters.

11 nailed it. Lake Erie is Colorado's AHL affiliate. In the same division with Ra-cha-cha and the Marlies. Lake Erie and Rochester are battling for second place in the division right now (1 point separating the two) but the Marlies' first-place lead is only 8 points, so they can be caught.

Oh boo freaking hoo... they played at 1PM yesterday and spent, what, 45 minutes tops on a plane? That happens ALL the time to NHL teams, it's not an excuse. It's no different than a team playing at 8PM one night and 7PM the next..

And furthermore, yes the Penguins didn't play to their potential today. Part of that was the Sabres playing well and dictating play, part of that was the Penguins playing bad. That's the whole point of playing games. The Sabres haven't played to their potential 90% of the season...

Just enjoy the win. We don't need to make excuses for the Penguins.

I refuse to enjoy this team climbing back towards the middle of the draft pack when they obviously have no chance to go anywhere in the playoffs this year. I want top pick, and am looking to see how we might steal it from Columbus...so perhaps you and I should avoid each other from now til the end of the season. :ph34r:

Let's stop with the excuses.

Sabres played a great game and showed some spunk and the skill guys did their thing. It was a good show for the family crowd on a Sunday afternoon.

Just hope that Darcy doesn't do his thing and try to squeeze something extra out of a trade and blow it up just because Roy had a good showing.

I refuse to enjoy this team climbing back towards the middle of the draft pack when they obviously have no chance to go anywhere in the playoffs this year. I want top pick, and am looking to see how we might steal it from Columbus...so perhaps you and I should avoid each other from now til the end of the season. :ph34r:

Ok, but none of that has anything to do with blaming the Penguins loss on the schedule maker. Buffalo outplayed them today and won the game. Period.

Let's stop with the excuses.

Sabres played a great game and showed some spunk and the skill guys did their thing. It was a good show for the family crowd on a Sunday afternoon.

Just hope that Darcy doesn't do his thing and try to squeeze something extra out of a trade and blow it up just because Roy had a good showing.

Amen.

Wait, did I just...?

I did.

I think I'm going to be sick.

Amen.

Wait, did I just...?

I did.

I think I'm going to be sick.

This was a perfectly entertaining Sunday afternoon game for someone like myself looking to replace the NFL. I had fun watching it. When the guys play well, I'm not looking to discount it. I'm just looking for a mastermind or 2 in here that can get us the guys who play like this on a consistant basis. Today had a good feel. Even Sekera was playing physical along the boards in 1 on 1 and Boyes was hustling to break up on defense. If I'm Lindy, my postgame consists of 5 words...."Do it again next time."

Lmao. You've said repeatedly that back-to-backs are not a worthy excuse for a poor effort by the Sabres -- but it's fair game when the Penguins play like ######?

At what point was I making an excuse for the Pens? The Pens played a hell of a game yesterday, they came into today playing their back-up goalie which indicates the importance they put on this game. The Sabres were the beneficiaries of that. Johnson let in some soft goals and the Pens ran out of gas in the third. That's not an excuse, that's what happened.

Congrats to the Sabres for winning their 25th game in game #59.

At what point was I making an excuse for the Pens? The Pens played a hell of a game yesterday, they came into today playing their back-up goalie which indicates the importance they put on this game. The Sabres were the beneficiaries of that. Johnson let in some soft goals and the Pens ran out of gas in the third. That's not an excuse, that's what happened.

Congrats to the Sabres for winning their 25th game in game #59.

You know damn well what you were implying with your first post, and now you're just spouting more BS. "They came into today playing their back-up goalie which indicates the importance they put on this game." No, all that indicates is that they're on the second game of a back-to-back. Just about every team in the league plays their back-up in those situations.

Archived