Ennis or Hecht?

SabresBillsBraves

I have no idea what you are talking about ...

Maybe when I achieve over 10,000 posts I will become enlightened.

Yes, I realize you canadians are slow (sorry apus, it must be a maritime thing), so I'll spell it out for you. People are stupid so what is popular really doesn't mean much.

Ghost,

You know I love you, but what do you mean the sport is turning into soccer?

Real football (the beutiful game) is the most watched / played sport in the world.

It's popularity is growing in North America and will pass hockey in played sport here when the mothers and fathers start to realize that their pride and joys could be the next Beckham more likely then the next Lemieux ... cheaper too ... all you need is a pair of shorts, t-shirt and running shoes ... oh, and a ball and some grass!!

I am fine with soccer. When I want to watch soccer, I watch soccer.

My point was more that the NHL is in no man's land with the game. The fact that there is no fixed points available and teams can just create them out of thin air by going to overtime, it encourages low scoring, defensive grapples where there are only a few real scoring chances each game. Either go back to right after the lockout, or if you are going to let these guys clutch and grab and clog.....stop babying them and get rid of the suspension edict. Let them play like big boys.

The scores are starting to resemble soccer.

Yes, I realize you canadians are slow (sorry apus, it must be a maritime thing), so I'll spell it out for you. People are stupid so what is popular really doesn't mean much.

I understand and have been around more than long enough to know that people are stupid.

I just have no idea what Glee and American Idol are.

I am fine with soccer. When I want to watch soccer, I watch soccer.

My point was more that the NHL is in no man's land with the game. The fact that there is no fixed points available and teams can just create them out of thin air by going to overtime, it encourages low scoring, defensive grapples where there are only a few real scoring chances each game. Either go back to right after the lockout, or if you are going to let these guys clutch and grab and clog.....stop babying them and get rid of the suspension edict. Let them play like big boys.

The scores are starting to resemble soccer.

The Bosnian national team lost its final Euro 2012 playoff match against Portugal 6-2!!

As posted in the Complaints Thursday thread the fix was in.

Now, if the level of corruption in the NHL ever reaches the level of European Football, or FIFA then we will really be in a pickle ... those organizations make the Rigas's look like saints and makes Enron look like the child play of amateurs.

The Bosnian national team lost its final Euro 2012 playoff match against Portugal 6-2!!

As posted in the Complaints Thursday thread the fix was in.

Now, if the level of corruption in the NHL ever reaches the level of European Football, or FIFA then we will really be in a pickle ... those organizations make the Rigas's look like saints and makes Enron look like the child play of amateurs.

I don't follow soccer much until around the World Cup. Somehow it doesn't shock me that an international sports organization might be on the dole.

I don't follow soccer much until around the World Cup. Somehow it doesn't shock me that an international sports organization might be on the dole.

That is the most watched event in the world ...

And the most fixed ... from the first qualifing matches right to the final!!

Somehow, I can't help but feel that we have ranged very far off topic.

=====

In that vein ... Ennis!!

But I am unsure what the original question was and why I am saying Ennis!!

Either television hasn't made it up there to Canada yet or you are one lucky person.

Easy on the Canadian shots. Of course we get that garbage up here. Wife feels the need to PVR Glee and make me watch it every week because 'I've always got hockey on in the living room' :wallbash: :wallbash:

Easy on the Canadian shots. Of course we get that garbage up here. Wife feels the need to PVR Glee and make me watch it every week because 'I've always got hockey on in the living room' :wallbash: :wallbash:

Hey, I tried to limit it to just a shot at the maritimes. SO we're still cool. :thumbsup:

Archived