Anyone else hate the Friday/Saturday schedule

Derrico

Is it just me out there or does anyone else hate these constant back to back Friday / Saturday schedules. First off, I'm sure the team cannot enjoy leading the league in back to backs again this year. As for fans, I find that Friday's and Saturday's are evenings when the wife wants to go out, friends want to hang out and family wants to visit. Ya I know, I could PVR the game (which I do) but with social media now of days it's nearly impossible to not know the score before turning it on the next morning. During the week I look forward to game night all day at work and love watching a Tuesday or Wednesday night hockey game. Also, the Sabres claim that several fans come from southern Ontario but it's mighty difficult working until 5 and getting pass the boarder to Buffalo before gametime. There are just simply not enough home Saturday games! Sorry, just looked at the upcomming schedule and had to rant and wonder if anyone else hates our home Friday night games as much as I do.

-rant off

Back in the '90s the Friday night games were considered a night out. You would see ladies dressed up and people would have dinner before the game and go out after. I don't come in town as often but one thing I noticed in the number of adults wearing jerseys. Things have changed a bit but we used to look forward to Friday night games.

Shouldn't this be in the Thursday thread? :)

If I recall correctly, the Sabres *request* lots of weekend games early in the season. Having the home games being Friday makes sense to me, since Friday always seemed to be Happy Hour that runs into drinking with friends, where Saturday was date night. You are correct though, that a Saturday game would be hell of a lot easier to get to for us expats.

I can't stand Friday games. I'm too tired by that point in the week to have any fun at the Arena. But I can tell I'm in the minority, because they are certainly a hot ticket.

I guess the question is would they still be a hot ticket if it were Saturday night? Furthermore, if they had to take on more Thursday night games for example, would that hurt revenue? I really don't know the answer to this.

I guess the question is would they still be a hot ticket if it were Saturday night? Furthermore, if they had to take on more Thursday night games for example, would that hurt revenue? I really don't know the answer to this.

They have Saturday games from time to time, and they also are hot tickets.

I prefer weeknight games too, but living on the West Coast and being unemployed currently it doesn't bother me much that there are Friday games starting at 4 or 4:30pm.

1. Sorry about your unemployment. If you're interested, I specialize in resume formatting and writing. I can help get you a kick-ass resume, if you're interested.

2. Couldn't agree more about the early start times out here. We get the games at 5/5:30, which is perfect for my 7-4 sked. Gives me just enough time to swing by Papa Murphys and grab some pizza, get home, cook it, and have it sliced and ready to go by the opening face-off. We get to watch the whole game as a family, then put the girls to bed at a reasonable hour (typically around 8 or 8:30). The downside to all of that is that we're not actually *in* Buffalo, and therefore cannot attend an actual game with the hometown fans. But we take what we can get, so happy times, yay for technology, et al.

1. Sorry about your unemployment. If you're interested, I specialize in resume formatting and writing. I can help get you a kick-ass resume, if you're interested.

2. Couldn't agree more about the early start times out here. We get the games at 5/5:30, which is perfect for my 7-4 sked. Gives me just enough time to swing by Papa Murphys and grab some pizza, get home, cook it, and have it sliced and ready to go by the opening face-off. We get to watch the whole game as a family, then put the girls to bed at a reasonable hour (typically around 8 or 8:30). The downside to all of that is that we're not actually *in* Buffalo, and therefore cannot attend an actual game with the hometown fans. But we take what we can get, so happy times, yay for technology, et al.

I appreciate it man. No big deal. Fresh out of college. It's a common theme, lol. This gives me time to find out some direction. Have had many of my more educated family members check it out so they've done enough. Appreciate your offer though.

I wish I was in Buffalo. Would be great to attend a game. Saw them when they came to LA last season. Shootout loss, which sucked, but a great game.

I knew it was bad in Utah. I didn't know it was Papa Murphy's bad.

I personally love weekend games. It allows me the chance to go to the games living in central NY. I work a heavy first half of the week so I get my 40 hrs in by Friday, then I leave early Friday to go to the games! and If it's an away game, I love just going home, stayin up to watch the game, then being able to sleep in the next day. With weeknight games, sometimes I can't stay up for the whole game (fall asleep on the couch) because i wake up so early for my hour drive down to Elmira in the AM for work.

Archived