Girls In EA Sports NHL

Andrew Amerk

"Thanks to the outrage and persistence of a 14-year-old girl from Buffalo, N.Y., female hockey players will appear for the first time in EA Sports' NHL video game series."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/How-a-14-year-old-girl-made-NHL-video-game-histo?urn=nhl-wp12363

Somewhere, Manon Rheaume is excited.

"Thanks to the outrage and persistence of a 14-year-old girl from Buffalo, N.Y., female hockey players will appear for the first time in EA Sports' NHL video game series."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/How-a-14-year-old-girl-made-NHL-video-game-histo?urn=nhl-wp12363

That is awesome. Shows how one person can make a difference.

EA is pretty active on their message boards with gamers. Right now the big debate is a cooldown period that would prevent you from joining another EASHL club for 12 hours. It originally started as 24 hours, but with a lot of feedback they changed it to 12 hours with one freebie change.

some of the comments are way off base, but hilarious. my favorite (on page 1, anyway) was "why isn't she learning how to make a sandwich?" see? totally inappropriate ... but .........

some of the comments are way off base, but hilarious. my favorite (on page 1, anyway) was "why isn't she learning how to make a sandwich?" see? totally inappropriate ... but .........

Eh, the sexist jokes would be way funnier if they were remotely clever or original.

I think it's a great idea as well. It'd be nice to include the women's national teams at some point in the future. I know I'd play with them. Take that as you will...

Eh, the sexist jokes would be way funnier if they were remotely clever or original.

I think it's a great idea as well. It'd be nice to include the women's national teams at some point in the future. I know I'd play with them. Take that as you will...

I'm gonna make my "Be a Pro" character a female so everyone feels awful about letting me score :thumbsup:

The reply along the lines of, "This is a good thing for you guys. More women playing video games increases the chances you'll get laid someday." was pretty good.

Archived