New Jersey Devils: Bankrupt?

nobody

Speaking of Pominville... have you seen him lately? The dude is huge. Looks like he's wearing shoulder pads.

No, I don't mean he's gonna fight or anything like that but definitely stronger and more muscle.

Look out! You won't have enough time to :blink:

Speaking of Pominville... have you seen him lately? The dude is huge. Looks like he's wearing shoulder pads.

No, I don't mean he's gonna fight or anything like that but definitely stronger and more muscle.

Guess now we know who merriman was muling the PEDs for.

In all seriousness, his leg was sliced but there was nothing wrong with his upper body. He should have been lifting like a fiend for the first 3 months. If he's not going to play a 5.3 million player, at least he can look like one!

What weave said. My thinking is that basically NJs fanbase is tired of the current team much like many of us were tired of the leftovers from the 06-07 season. Start moving out more old parts, bring in some new, dynamic players, and pull the same thing the Caps did.

Maybe If Kovy starts performing they'll come back. Brodeur is at the end of his career now and Kovy could be the star power that lack to get punters through the door. Or is it they are dull to watch? I remember that used to be true but not sure anymore.

Other NYC/NJ residents here may or may not back me up on this, but I reiterate: it's not the style of play that's holding back the Devils' attendance. It's the monumental pain in the neck of getting to and from the arena, especially for weeknight games.

Bottom line is that most NJ residents who work in NYC take public transportation to work, because driving in is very slow and very expensive (the tolls are $10+ each way, parking for the day is $40+, etc.). You can get to the arena from NYC pretty easily via public transportation, but you can't get home without your car.

If you live in NJ and don't work in NYC, it's easier, but there is still a ton of traffic to deal with, and there aren't many hockey fans who live or work in Newark -- so there is a real drive with a lot of traffic to contend with.

This isn't to say that a top-3 NHL team with a really exciting style of play wouldn't draw better than the current Devils -- of course they would. But even that team wouldn't fill the arena regularly IMHO.

Archived