How about an awesome run?

Marvelo

I was going to post a new thread asking how we all feel about the Sabres' awesome run of points here as the season comes to a close. Whew!! Good thing I didn't, eh? It was already posted! :ph34r:

Why is everyone allergic to starting new threads around here? The topic of this thread is no the same as the topic of your post. Having to go through old posts from last year is really annoying.

Why is everyone allergic to starting new threads around here? The topic of this thread is no the same as the topic of your post. Having to go through old posts from last year is really annoying.

Well, to be completely honest, the hypothetical thread I was searching for was one where someone might have brought up Vanek's production, so that I could mention my feelings on how timely I thought it would be for him to join his teammates who were finding their offensive prowess lately. And as I was looking for this hypothetical Vanek thread, I happened upon this one, saw the date, and I realized immediately how eerily similar the circumstances are between this time last year and right now. I was curious to see who else here would find this similarity interesting, and even more interested to see who opens it up in the coming days and actually thinks it WAS created this week. :ph34r:

I said six weeks ago that all I wanted was this team to show life, and to play their hearts out during the final stretch and whatever happens happens.

I'm glad they're doing just that, and maybe just maybe, they might be doing a bit more. Who knows.

I said six weeks ago that all I wanted was this team to show life, and to play their hearts out during the final stretch and whatever happens happens.

I'm glad they're doing just that, and maybe just maybe, they might be doing a bit more. Who knows.

Agreed ... for that 6-7 week stretch, it was a lot easier to find something ELSE to do than watch the Sabres. With this team mainly healthy, they can and have put up a good showing for the past 27 games ... a good game last night after a slow start against a team that makes all of us watching sleepy. Really looking forward to Tuesday's game ... GO SABRES!

If you are looking for short term results I agree. Long run, I like moving Goose for a 1st better. I have a feeling that pick is going to be used by another team.

Oh, I definitely applaud the trade. Things have worked out well enough here that it makes you wonder what they could do this season with a Goose on the fourth line, but that doesn't mean that thinking long term, I would want to undo that trade. Heck, in the long run, there's nothing that says that Goose (or someone similar) can't be brought back (in), so that can still be the starting point from which we make offseason improvements.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but did you notice the latest ESPN NHL Power Rankings? Do you suppose any other team has jumped from 21st to 10th in one week, this late in the season?

Scott Cullen at TSN has the Sabres significantly lower at 18: http://tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/

At this point in the season, I don't really care what any power rankings say, though. They're fun at the beginning of the year, I guess.

Either way, this has been the most exciting the sabres have looked all season. If we make the playoffs I will be extremely happy. If we don't, I am still very proub of the way the team came together down the stretch and really turned things up bringing in great momentum for next season.

Either way, this has been the most exciting the sabres have looked all season. If we make the playoffs I will be extremely happy. If we don't, I am still very proub of the way the team came together down the stretch and really turned things up bringing in great momentum for next season.

As disapointing as not making the playoffs would be, atleast they made it interesting til the end, and i am much happier then if they would have just given up and played for a draft pick like most wanted to see when they were struggling

Scott Cullen at TSN has the Sabres significantly lower at 18: http://tsn.ca/fantas...s/rankings/nhl/

At this point in the season, I don't really care what any power rankings say, though. They're fun at the beginning of the year, I guess.

Power rankings are so painfully stupid, but I do enjoy looking at the TSN ones. The Canadian team inflation in those is always hilarious.

Oh yeah, I don't put a lot of stock in the power rankings, but I thought it was notable that the Sabres moved up so much on one week. The comment is kind of funny, and points to how meaningless the rankings even are: "The scorching Sabres will be a mighty dangerous foe if they get into the playoffs."

Even after the run they've had, that's a big IF

Archived