4/3/11 Game at Carolina

BuffaloFansR_Crazy

Really temped to make this trip. I have a real good friend who just moved to Washington DC less then 2 years ago to work for Homeland security, and we're seriously considering me flying into DC Friday night, going to Caps/Sabres on Sat and driving to Raliegh for the game on Sunday!

Do not think, just do it. Have you ever pillaged before though?

I'd also like to say that as a current resident of the Western Conference unable to attend most games, I highly, highly enjoy hearing Sabres fans out-cheer home teams on the broadcast.

Great work in Philly the other night, and great continued embarrassment of each and every team in the Southeastern Division.

As far as I can tell, its true. I don't know why they would leave it open like that. Although I do appreciate the coincidence that 'Canes fans posting to "fill ###### in their seats" has resulted in me getting 5 Sabres Fans to the game for 75% off :-) (Sect 115, Row WW, seats 8-12). I've also passed it along to many other fans in the Raleigh area. My CC has been charged and I do have tickets in hand.

Drunkard, did you tailgate the last game? I was right in front of the Carter-Finley Stadium ($10 parking, all day). I had 13 beers before making it to my seats, I think I helped do your name some justice.

GO SABRES

I showed up about 5:30 for the game because one of my buddies couldn't get off work until 3:30. I managed to pound about 5 beers in an hour or so before we went into the arena then was double fisting Labatt Blues once we got inside. With this next game being on Sunday though, I should having more time to drink, walk around, and mix it up with some fellow Sabres fans before this next game though.

I was just able to create an account, sign in, use the STH promo code and buy tickets on the sidelines for $30ea. WTF??? Maybe its because I was a group leader for the 3-Mar sabres game?

Buy them all before they figure it out! LOL

Did you do this on the Canes officially page or through ticket master? I went through their page to check it out and possible buy some more tickets but I don't see where you can enter the promo code. The Canes page links you to ticket master.

Did you do this on the Canes officially page or through ticket master? I went through their page to check it out and possible buy some more tickets but I don't see where you can enter the promo code. The Canes page links you to ticket master.

Procedure...

1) http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64123

2) Click Here to Purchase Online

3) Click Find Tickets

4) Enter Special Offer Code "STH"

5) Create an Account and Sign In

6) Enter pertinent information and buy tickets

7) ???

8) PROFIT!

As far as I can tell, its true. I don't know why they would leave it open like that. Although I do appreciate the coincidence that 'Canes fans posting to "fill ###### in their seats" has resulted in me getting 5 Sabres Fans to the game for 75% off :-) (Sect 115, Row WW, seats 8-12). I've also passed it along to many other fans in the Raleigh area. My CC has been charged and I do have tickets in hand.

Drunkard, did you tailgate the last game? I was right in front of the Carter-Finley Stadium ($10 parking, all day). I had 13 beers before making it to my seats, I think I helped do your name some justice.

GO SABRES

I will be right be right behind ya bro..row xx--seats 9-12.

Awesome call, thx for the heads up!!!

Procedure...

1) http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64123

2) Click Here to Purchase Online

3) Click Find Tickets

4) Enter Special Offer Code "STH"

5) Create an Account and Sign In

6) Enter pertinent information and buy tickets

7) ???

8) PROFIT!

You're the man, sir! Unfortunately I can't cancel the purchase of my other more expensive tickets but it's all good. I might buy some extras and give them away to some buddies on the condition that they root against the Canes though. An extra $150 in exchange for 5 more people yelling "Go Buffalo!" or "Hurricanes don't blow, they suck!" is money well spent in my opinion.

From the 'Canes Forum... (http://www.letsgocanes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11543&page=3)

"After reading what the guys over at sabrespace are posting, I think anybody can take advantage of this offer by just creating an account and putting in STH into the event code or whatever they call it. One of the Sabres fans there was expressing his heartfelt thanks for the tip off to cheap tickets.

Whatever it takes to fill up the place. There still should be more of "us" than of "them". I thought you had to be a STH, but maybe they just advertise it to STH's. Create an account and give it a try."

"Once I saw on the Sabres board that it was possible, I still wouldn't have made it known until they posted the entire process of getting the tickets. I was just looking over at the ch.com main board and somebody there is now blaming me for making it possible for Sabres fans to get cheap tickets and how I've cost the Canes thousands of dollars. Maybe in reality, I've helped them sell some additional tickets since somebody else over there said that all the Buffalo fans already had their tickets. Who knows?"

LMFAO!!! I can't wait to see what's waiting for me at my seats on 3-Apr!

The butthurt continues on carolinahurricanes.com forums as well...

"Some dude over at LGC started this whole self proclaimed crusade (including this thread too)to get Canes fans to come to the Slug game in April. Not a bad idea right? Youd think, but not only has his thread been linked from the Sluggies board for their entertainment, but this dude posted the STH code and link so anyone can now get the fan appreciation cheaper tickets! He's personally responsable for supplying some Sluggies with cheapo tix.

So now, instead of getting more Canes fans in the seats, he's made it so the Sluggies can now get our STH discount too. Awesome work! :thumbsup: "

"I get what he's trying to do but I would really not want the Canes after me for potentially thousands of dollars of lost revenue because I handed out the STH code to the entire world. Whether or not I thought the Canes would consider it small potatoes."

http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/community/topic/18201-buffalo-round-2-43-attend/page__st__36

I'd like to point out to any 'canes fans that may be watching, that it took ONE Sabres fan a few minutes to figure out something that countless 'Canes fans couldn't figure out during an entire season. This is the 7th STH appreciation night this year!

Reading the threads over there is funny. There seems to be the perception among a lot of their fans though that Sabres fans are coming down from WNY for these games and taking over their house. That may have been true for the 2006 ECF, but I don't think it's the case at all for these regular season match ups. In the last game day thread there were reports of "bus loads of Sabres fans seen rolling down I-40" the afternoon of the game. :lol: These people are too much. But seriously, I'd guess that at most 5% of the Sabres fans going to these games are coming down from Buffalo. It's really much worse than they imagined, we all live with them right here in the heart of Carolina. We go to the same churches and schools, share the same parks and shop at the same stores. Hide the women and children!

Reading the threads over there is funny. There seems to be the perception among a lot of their fans though that Sabres fans are coming down from WNY for these games and taking over their house. That may have been true for the 2006 ECF, but I don't think it's the case at all for these regular season match ups. In the last game day thread there were reports of "bus loads of Sabres fans seen rolling down I-40" the afternoon of the game. :lol: These people are too much. But seriously, I'd guess that at most 5% of the Sabres fans going to these games are coming down from Buffalo. It's really much worse than they imagined, we all live with them right here in the heart of Carolina. We go to the same churches and schools, share the same parks and shop at the same stores. Hide the women and children!

Do they have separate Canes Fans only drinking fountains?

Too bad the Buffalo game isn't Tim Gleason Bobblehead night.

That would make for some great youtubes.

:w00t: :w00t:

Emma Lou, bette' hide yo'self and the kinders, and make shuh you hide the Timmahs whaal yer at it. Them Buffalo fans is nasty biz'nis. ;)

Archived