4/3/11 Game at Carolina

BuffaloFansR_Crazy

Saw this on their site and had a nice little chuckle. Crusade to fill up the RBC on April 3 vs. Buffalo (Operation ###### In The Seats)

It amazes me how much they hate "slugs" fans. Anyways, if you don't have tickets yet you may want to find some soon, but there will probably still be thousands of them available at the gate on gameday anyways.

I love it. I linked this in the last game discussion thread too. Their efforts will make not a bit of difference. For these weekend games people come not just from the Triangle area, but from neighboring states as well and I'm sure most already have their tickets like I do. I laugh at them.

These folks would never be able to handle living close to the Canadian border.

Exactly. They act as if the RBC center is the only place that this happens. I tell people here all the time that Sabres fans deal with the exact same thing with Leaf fans at HSBC, sans the whining and crying.

Is the NCAA tourney on that weekend? This might keep some folks from coming, otherwise, should be a fairly rowdy one since it's on a sunday afternoon, and that leaves plenty of time for a tailgate. I will not be in attendence, as I will be in WNY that weekend...

Is the NCAA tourney/ NASCAR / county fair / bass fishing / tobacco spitting / healer tent / mall open late on that weekend? This might keep some folks from coming, otherwise, should be a fairly rowdy one since it's on a sunday afternoon, and that leaves plenty of time for a tailgate. I will not be in attendence, as I will be in WNY that weekend...

Had to broaden the possibilities. Sorry for mangling your post.

Is the NCAA tourney on that weekend? This might keep some folks from coming, otherwise, should be a fairly rowdy one since it's on a sunday afternoon, and that leaves plenty of time for a tailgate. I will not be in attendence, as I will be in WNY that weekend...

That's the Sunday between the Final Four games and the championship. I bet a lot of it depends on whether Duke or UNC have reached that stage.

Wow, someone over there that actually gets it. Stop whining about "slugs" fans (I love how they use that as if Sabres fans didn't come up with that themselves to describe those abortions) and worry about actually filling all the seats as your first order of business.

I did send an email to the Canes last year about the hypocrisy of the video board nonsense during the Buffalo games, so it's good to see they have hopefully decided to tone that down.

Honestly, my biggest problem for this last Sabres game wasn't the conduct of the fans, but the empty seats. This game should have had the atmosphere of a playoff game and it was a lot more sedate than that. Because of previous games, a lot of people avoid the Sabres games and I understand why, BUT we have to get over that if we want to own our house. There were a few incidents, but if you notice, the RBC was trying to tone it down by doing less "anti-Buffalo" stuff with the video board and in game activities.

We need to fill the place up with as many Canes fans as possible. Not just for this game, but for all. This particular game is a great opportunity because of it being a weekend game and a STH appreciation game. Buffalo and Pittsburgh seem to be the two teams that turn out the most enthusiastic opposing fans at the RBC. We need to be extra enthusiastic ourselves for those games.

If I were more antagonistic, I'd register over there, post a few messages, and then buy up some of these tickets before changing my avatar to something appropriate.

Yeah.

The person who posted this, posted the tix for a good price!

It took Carolina this long to realize Buffalo has true hockey fans?

not a surprise I guess

Wow, someone over there that actually gets it. Stop whining about "slugs" fans (I love how they use that as if Sabres fans didn't come up with that themselves to describe those abortions) and worry about actually filling all the seats as your first order of business.

I did send an email to the Canes last year about the hypocrisy of the video board nonsense during the Buffalo games, so it's good to see they have hopefully decided to tone that down.

I have tried to point this out there before, but having large numbers of certain fans in your house for some games happens to just about every team. As we all know, how many Leafs fans do we get for those games? It's just a fact of how many opposing fans you have in the area, and RDU area has just as many transplanted northerners as native southerners it seems. They have the same issue with Pens and Flyers fans at RBC from what I have seen, and I have been to tons of games there and in Greensboro since mom and pops were STH for many years...

Hey, I'm in section 118 too. Farther up in row V.

Cool deal. I'll be wearing the original Sabres home (white) jersey that says Drunkard across the back. I'm sure I'll see you in the beer line or outside in the smoking area. From what I've seen from across the arena that section usually has a good number of Sabres fans in it. We'll have to make sure we're the loudest, drunkest, section in the arena, which shouldn't be too hard. I've got a loud voice that carries pretty well to begin with, plus I've got this red and blue plastic horn that says Go Buffalo on it that I bought up in Buffalo a few years ago on a trip I made up there and it's really loud. I'm pretty sure it was made for football games, but it comes in handy when we score goals too. Best $6 I ever spent. April 3rd can't come soon enough. Hopefully we're still ahead of them by the time the game comes around.

Really temped to make this trip. I have a real good friend who just moved to Washington DC less then 2 years ago to work for Homeland security, and we're seriously considering me flying into DC Friday night, going to Caps/Sabres on Sat and driving to Raliegh for the game on Sunday!

Really temped to make this trip. I have a real good friend who just moved to Washington DC less then 2 years ago to work for Homeland security, and we're seriously considering me flying into DC Friday night, going to Caps/Sabres on Sat and driving to Raliegh for the game on Sunday!

Make the trip, man. It's always fun being public enemy #1 in another team's home stadium. Just go, get drunk, get loud, have fun, and cheer on our guys. You won't regret making the trip.

Update: Not sure where people are buying their tickets but I went to seat geek and bought mine through stubhub on there. Seats 3, 4, 5, and 6 oF Section 118 Row B were $106 each when I bought them this morning and now are $177 for the same section and row so they must be selling fast in that section. Still plenty of good deals available including some under $100 in the 200 levels and lots under $50 in the 300's. I think the thing Taro said about the STH promo code for $30 is true as well.

Turns out section 118 is by the penalty boxes not the players benches but whatever works.

Update: Not sure where people are buying their tickets but I went to seat geek and bought mine through stubhub on there. Seats 3, 4, 5, and 6 oF Section 118 Row B were $106 each when I bought them this morning and now are $177 for the same section and row so they must be selling fast in that section. Still plenty of good deals available including some under $100 in the 200 levels and lots under $50 in the 300's. I think the thing Taro said about the STH promo code for $30 is true as well.

As far as I can tell, its true. I don't know why they would leave it open like that. Although I do appreciate the coincidence that 'Canes fans posting to "fill ###### in their seats" has resulted in me getting 5 Sabres Fans to the game for 75% off :-) (Sect 115, Row WW, seats 8-12). I've also passed it along to many other fans in the Raleigh area. My CC has been charged and I do have tickets in hand.

Drunkard, did you tailgate the last game? I was right in front of the Carter-Finley Stadium ($10 parking, all day). I had 13 beers before making it to my seats, I think I helped do your name some justice.

GO SABRES

Archived