Thursday raping, pillaging and baby eating whos in?

bills_fan_in_raleigh

before the game we are heading to buffalo brothers off of lake boone trail about 5 minutes from RBC.

No parking lot tailgating? Or is Buffalo Bros the pre-game game? There's a huge group of us that plan on plundering RBC around 3:30 or 4.

Sabres fan here who moved back to buffalo a few years ago and it is so good to see all of you represent when the team visits ... just wish we could get all of you back here permanently ... Go SABRES

Last night's attendance was 16,252. Hardly half empty. For a Tuesday night game against FLA, it was a big crowd.

First thing what are you a Canes fan... second I remember Buffalo Fans driving down to Carolina during the Playoffs because there were still tickets at the door...Carolina is a sorry excuse for a hockey town, they have two states they are suppose to span and still can't sell out...you are pathetic if your a Sabres fan for defending their attendance... EPIC FAIL...the fact that the Canes and the Lighting "Rod Lovers" have Cups and they still have trouble selling it is what is wrong with the NHL today

I have a feeling there is going to be a LOT of blue and gold at RBC tonight. Just seeing how many tickets were still available earlier in the week...the place will be rocking. What's amazing is that many fans who would normally go to a Canes game actually stay away when the Sabres come to town, out of fear they'll be raped and pillaged, no doubt. It's hilarious.

Look for me in 105...sporting my #70 "OOH AAH" white sweater.

By your logic, ALL attendance figures are BS. That would have to include any figures that BUF publishes as well.

Yeah alot of those folks were dressed up like empty seats. I was watching the game and lower bowl had many empty seats.

By your logic, ALL attendance figures are BS. That would have to include any figures that BUF publishes as well.

I can't speak for what other organizations do, or if there is a league-wide "rule" on reporting attendance, but having attended a number of Canes games over the years I can safely say their "reported" attendance figures are grossly exaggerated, leading me to believe they are based on tickets sold and not fannies in seats.

Update -- as of right now on Ticketmaster, still close to 3000 seats available.

AFAIK, all NHL teams report distributed tickets as the attendance.

So, it would be interesting to see what the true turnstile attendance is. My guess is that Carolina has a much higher no-show rate than some other places.

AFAIK, all NHL teams report distributed tickets as the attendance.

So, it would be interesting to see what the true turnstile attendance is. My guess is that Carolina has a much higher no-show rate than some other places.

especially when sabres are in town lots of their "fans" claim we are so rude etc they wont bring the kiddies. I will say I have seen sabres fans I want to go up to and say grow up but just as many canes fans doing the same

Okay not sure whether to be happy bout this or not, but my Friday appointment in Philly just cancelled, so believe I will be making the game.

BTW, anybody from richmond VA going? PM if so, maybe we can share a ride

Sorry Plez. Maybe next year, as I will be in WNY for the game in April. But normally, yes to that question. My wife never goes with, so maybe next year we can carpool it...

especially when sabres are in town lots of their "fans" claim we are so rude etc they wont bring the kiddies. I will say I have seen sabres fans I want to go up to and say grow up but just as many canes fans doing the same

In my (biased) opinion, the worst behaved fans at RBC are Flyers, Pens, and Devils fans based on the observations and experiences I have had there...

In my (biased) opinion, the worst behaved fans at RBC are Flyers, Pens, and Devils fans based on the observations and experiences I have had there...

Worst behaved and Flyers fans is redundant.

I have a feeling there is going to be a LOT of blue and gold at RBC tonight. Just seeing how many tickets were still available earlier in the week...the place will be rocking. What's amazing is that many fans who would normally go to a Canes game actually stay away when the Sabres come to town, out of fear they'll be raped and pillaged, no doubt. It's hilarious.

Look for me in 105...sporting my #70 "OOH AAH" white sweater.

There's always a bunch of Buffalo fans whenever the Sabres come to Raleigh. Depending on how packed the arena is we seem to make up anywhere between 20-40% of the crowd. Good times. Let's just hope we can pull out a regulation win so we can move into 8th place by the time the night is over. Go Sabres!

There's always a bunch of Buffalo fans whenever the Sabres come to Raleigh. Depending on how packed the arena is we seem to make up anywhere between 20-40% of the crowd. Good times. Let's just hope we can pull out a regulation win so we can move into 8th place by the time the night is over. Go Sabres!

I'm in. I'll be out tailgating beforehand.

I don't know if they still do it, but last year the deck (club level concessions) was open for about a half hour after the game with severely discounted pitchers of beer.

I can't speak for what other organizations do, or if there is a league-wide "rule" on reporting attendance, but having attended a number of Canes games over the years I can safely say their "reported" attendance figures are grossly exaggerated, leading me to believe they are based on tickets sold and not fannies in seats.

Update -- as of right now on Ticketmaster, still close to 3000 seats available.

I've heard that too, from someone who works for the Canes as a matter of fact.

I'm in 103, I'll have my white Rob Ray sweater on. With my long red hair I'm pretty easy to spot. My sister is wearing my Perreault sweatshirt, I think we're row H.

Do you have a Sabres jersey with Drunkard on the back? Someone linked to a hurricanes board in the game day thread where they are disussing sabres fans and specifically mentioned someone with a "Drunkard" jersey! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Archived