Thursday raping, pillaging and baby eating whos in?

bills_fan_in_raleigh

Mom and Pops were up visiting this weekend from Holly Springs (just outside Raleigh) and were telling me about how disappointed they were that during the ASG there was a story on the news about the big tailgate party that all teams fans were welcomed to attend except one. Classy...

Mom and Pops were up visiting this weekend from Holly Springs (just outside Raleigh) and were telling me about how disappointed they were that during the ASG there was a story on the news about the big tailgate party that all teams fans were welcomed to attend except one. Classy...

Yup and local news was showing folks partying etc and many made mention al the fans are welcome except for those fans from Buffalo. I ho[e we crush those mothers on thursday night

Yup and local news was showing folks partying etc and many made mention al the fans are welcome except for those fans from Buffalo. I ho[e we crush those mothers on thursday night

Don't worry. Brad Boyes will see to that :clapping: :thumbsup:

I hadn't heard about that, but I'm not at all surprised. It's quite a classy organization down here. The thing I don't get is that the atmosphere at these games is not at all unlike what happens at HSBC when the Leafs come in. Sure there is some grumbling about it among Sabres fans to an extent, but not this incessant whining like you get from the entire Canes organization.

i was thinking about finding scalpers close by that are selling may check craigslist as well

Back in the pre-pillaging days, I think it was 2002, I went to a Canes-Sabres game and while I was waiting in line at the box office with my wife, a gentleman comes up to me and offers me two tickets. No charge. 100 level seats at the end the Sabres shot twice. What are the chances of that happening ever again to a Sabres fan down here?

I hadn't heard about that, but I'm not at all surprised. It's quite a classy organization down here. The thing I don't get is that the atmosphere at these games is not at all unlike what happens at HSBC when the Leafs come in. Sure there is some grumbling about it among Sabres fans to an extent, but not this incessant whining like you get from the entire Canes organization.

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of great people down there. But the bad ones always get the headlines, which is what I constantly have to reiterate every damn time I show up for a game there. Every team has fans that suck, all of em. This tailgate was sponsered by fans, not the Hurricanes organization...

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of great people down there. But the bad ones always get the headlines, which is what I constantly have to reiterate every damn time I show up for a game there. Every team has fans that suck, all of em. This tailgate was sponsered by fans, not the Hurricanes organization...

Yeah but the Canes organization itself gets involved too. They hand out fan code of conduct cards at the gate while at the same time taking pot shots at Sabres fans and Buffalo on the scoreboard. It's bush league. Make no mistake, I have been to every Canes-Sabres game down here since 2002, and at every single one I have witnessed Sabres fans behaving poorly. There is no question that there are Sabres fans that act like jackasses at these games, but like you said they are no greater or fewer in number than with fans of of other teams. For some reason they single us out as Sabres fans to paint with the all inclusive brush. I do love knowing that I can put on my Sabres jersey, walk through the gates of the RBC center, not say a word, and annoy thousands of canes fanes though. You'd think that we won that series in 2006 with all the hate...

Yeah but the Canes organization itself gets involved too. They hand out fan code of conduct cards at the gate while at the same time taking pot shots at Sabres fans and Buffalo on the scoreboard. It's bush league. Make no mistake, I have been to every Canes-Sabres game down here since 2002, and at every single one I have witnessed Sabres fans behaving poorly. There is no question that there are Sabres fans that act like jackasses at these games, but like you said they are no greater or fewer in number than with fans of of other teams. For some reason they single us out as Sabres fans to paint with the all inclusive brush. I do love knowing that I can put on my Sabres jersey, walk through the gates of the RBC center, not say a word, and annoy thousands of canes fanes though. You'd think that we won that series in 2006 with all the hate...

Ugh, no doubt about that C.V., I had some kid try and hand me one of these last time I went there. I suppose that every team needs a hated rival, so looks like Sabres are that for the Hurricanes. It would be better if the Sabres most hated rival was the Hurricanes, but what can you do?

I just don't like painting the entire organization and fanbase on the actions of a few. I wish everyone thought the same way is all.

EDIT: not at all saying this applies to you Claude, but some of the other people I have met at some games...

Ugh, no doubt about that C.V., I had some kid try and hand me one of these last time I went there. I suppose that every team needs a hated rival, so looks like Sabres are that for the Hurricanes. It would be better if the Sabres most hated rival was the Hurricanes, but what can you do?

I just don't like painting the entire organization and fanbase on the actions of a few. I wish everyone thought the same way is all.

EDIT: not at all saying this applies to you Claude, but some of the other people I have met at some games...

Be sure to grab a bunch and hand them to all the people around you.

Archived