No SABRES in the All- Star Game

kishoph

Who cares at this point. I'd rather not watch the Sidney Crosby allstars vs the western allstars anyways.

It's not East vs. West anymore.

Sporting News says there is a very large list of players who told NHL when asked to not include them due to injuries.... Luongo is one of them, i'm guessing Ryan Miller is another since he's been a work horse and could use the days off.

Sporting News says there is a very large list of players who told NHL when asked to not include them due to injuries.... Luongo is one of them, i'm guessing Ryan Miller is another since he's been a work horse and could use the days off.

Yep, they are picking teams sandlot style.

I will guess Craig Rivet did the same. :rolleyes:

Luongo himself said he didn't and mng't didn't say anything about NOT wanting to go.

Roy was really the only possible candidate we had and he's injured, so....

Yup. Vanek's getting there, again, but had a slow start.

So, how long did that "every team gets at least one player" rule last, anyway? I remember there being a couple of those "well, he's their best player, but not an All-Star" cases.

Ennis will be there among rookies. Has anyone else played good enough to be there? It says something when the captains won't even pick a sabre to go.

Jordan Leopold. A few of the guys who got in have slight more points then him and some even less. But, it's hard to ignore him as he is 4th among d-men in goals.

I didn't think Mike Green should of made it and Duncan Keith got voted in so he was a lock despite not deserving it either. Erik Karlsson is iffy too, very similar to Leopold besides the much worse +/-.

Archived