[OT] Here's to you kid!

spndnchz

So in addition to the win and great game last night...

Had the cutest 5 or 6 year old sitting behind me. He was there with his Grandpa. Called the plays (not obnoxiously), gave analysis of players throughout the game. One of his quips, "If Buffalo can have a second period like Boston had in the first they should win". He even joined in and started his own "Let's Go BUFF-A-LO" chants.

Comes toward the end of the game, Stafford gets his hat trick goal. The kid sees everyone tossing hats down to the ice. He takes off his tuque and chucks it about ten rows down. They throw it even further. His grandpa looking like "Ur Mom's gonna kill me when u get home with no hat!" He didn't say much but then started crying, realizing his hat would not be coming back.

The kid kept crying until those of us around him assured him he was cool, a real fan for throwing his hat. After a couple of high fives and fist bumps with him he was better.

After every shootout goal people would turn to him to get their high fives.

I offered the Grandpa my Sabres card so he could get a discount at the store for a new hat. He said he had one. I'm not sure if he did.

I hope that kid gets his new hat. Grandpa don't let that moment pass you by. Everytime he sees his new hat he'll remember tossing his out of pure excitement, enjoying the fans around him and that New Years Day with Grandpa.

Grandpa. Buy him that hat.

We had an awesome group of 4 kids little kids right in front of us, looked to be brothers. It was kind of rough trying to watch our language and trying to be drunk idiots but it was a good time and I loved watching them get into the game. They were joining in all of our chants and we got them to dance a few times hoping they (and therefor us) would get on the jumbotron. One of them fell asleep towards the middle of the third and a teeshirt from the cannon landed practically in his lap haha. Then his dad woke them all up for overtime and the shootout.

Had the cutest 5 or 6 year old sitting behind me. He was there with his Grandpa. Called the plays (not obnoxiously), gave analysis of players throughout the game. One of his quips, "If Buffalo can have a second period like Boston had in the first they should win". He even joined in and started his own "Let's Go BUFF-A-LO" chants.

Comes toward the end of the game, Stafford gets his hat trick goal. The kid sees everyone tossing hats down to the ice. He takes off his tuque and chucks it about ten rows down. They throw it even further. His grandpa looking like "Ur Mom's gonna kill me when u get home with no hat!" He didn't say much but then started crying, realizing his hat would not be coming back.

The kid kept crying until those of us around him assured him he was cool, a real fan for throwing his hat. After a couple of high fives and fist bumps with him he was better.

I offered the Grandpa my Sabres card so he could get a discount at the store for a new hat. He said he had one. I'm not sure if he did.

I hope that kid gets his new hat. Grandpa don't let that moment pass you by. Everytime he sees his new hat he'll remember tossing his out of pure excitement, enjoying the fans around him and that New Years Day with Grandpa.

Great story. Hell, I might have bought him a new hat myself, no matter what Grandpa said.

Great story, thanks for sharing!

Most hockey fans are great, especially with little kid fans. We take Hunter to Lake Erie Monsters games a couple times a month and he wears his little Ryan Miller jersey and gets a lot of comments and hi-fives from other Sabres fans and a lot of hi-fives from random fans when the Monsters score. It's a lot of fun watching the little ones enjoy their time at the arena.

Archived