Lindy you suck

beerme1

Lay the blame where its due,at the feet of Darcy Regier. Mr stand pat himself.

I'm not disagreeing, but I think Larry Quinn plays a major role in the makeup of this team because he's the one who tells Darcy how big his allowance will be.

It's time for a change! would be a better title for the thread.

The team has grown stale and lifeless. The entire organization is far too comfortable to be effective. The entire organization not only knows that no significant changes will occur they know changes won't even be considered. From what I have heard Regier had the excuse machine out today on WGR. I'm sure the WGR morning show 'Shill & Shill in the Mornings' will spend all next week beating the drum that Regier left in the studio. The big heaping, steaming pile of drum.

Regier gets the full blame for the lack of talent on this roster. He had opportunities this off-season to get things done and failed again. Spent all his time scraping the bottom of the bargain bin instead of bringing in actual top end talent.

Ruff gets the full blame the lack of effort over these four home games. He gets the full blame for not having this team ready to play the home opener. He gets full blame for not addressing the Pominville hit from behind.

Moves that need to be made? Connolly in the press box. Rivet on waivers. Butler, Weber and Sekera stay in the lineup unless hurt or traded. Give Paul Gaustad a ultimatum, play like you did when you first got here or get ready to go elsewhere. The top line should be Vanek, Roy and Kaleta. The need to ask Mike Grier if he already retired, if he did, ask him to make it official to open the cap space.

Why no calls for firing the GM? Sending Regier on his way while keeping Lindy would certainly shake things up. Seems like we spend all Summer complaining about Darcy then switch over to Ruff once the season starts. Granted a coach's talent lies in how he plays the team he has but the GM is the one who picked the players for the most part. Let's not forget that Regier really didn't want to keep Myers last season (too much of a cheapskate) but knew he'd be forced to move to Fort Erie if he'd had his way.

Yes - Lindy's coaching could use some fine tuning right now but his players need to peform & they have zero confidence (except Miller & Roy who must be disgusted with their teammates).

Is it still possible to buyout Connolly & Stafford? If that's the only way to get rid of them (I doubt either would be picked up on waivers or are tradeable), then I'd say take the loss on one or both & find a player willing to put in 60 minutes nightly. Unfortunately not sure what's available in Portland is ready (Adam) or fits the bill (Mancari). Ellis will at least give an honest effort but bringing him up is not going to win us more games.

The team has grown stale and lifeless. The entire organization is far too comfortable to be effective. The entire organization not only knows that no significant changes will occur they know changes won't even be considered. From what I have heard Regier had the excuse machine out today on WGR. I'm sure the WGR morning show 'Shill & Shill in the Mornings' will spend all next week beating the drum that Regier left in the studio. The big heaping, steaming pile of drum.

Regier gets the full blame for the lack of talent on this roster. He had opportunities this off-season to get things done and failed again. Spent all his time scraping the bottom of the bargain bin instead of bringing in actual top end talent.

Ruff gets the full blame the lack of effort over these four home games. He gets the full blame for not having this team ready to play the home opener. He gets full blame for not addressing the Pominville hit from behind.

Moves that need to be made? Connolly in the press box. Rivet on waivers. Butler, Weber and Sekera stay in the lineup unless hurt or traded. Give Paul Gaustad a ultimatum, play like you did when you first got here or get ready to go elsewhere. The top line should be Vanek, Roy and Kaleta. The need to ask Mike Grier if he already retired, if he did, ask him to make it official to open the cap space.

I was with you until the Mike Grier jab. Cut him some slack, he's not here to score goals. He's done his job about as well ask you could ask him to. In fact I think he's played beyond his obligations, especially tonight. And he and Nieds seem to work well together.

Everything else we're agreed on. And it makes me feel dirty.

I was with you until the Mike Grier jab. Cut him some slack, he's not here to score goals. He's done his job about as well ask you could ask him to. In fact I think he's played beyond his obligations, especially tonight. And he and Nieds seem to work well together.

Everything else we're agreed on. And it makes me feel dirty.

I thought his primary job was to bring leadership? Here we are again watching a team that appears to lack focus and leadership.

Lindy you suck.

Darcy you totally suck.

Larry F you.

Why no calls for firing the GM?

See above

Only way these three are removed is with an ownership change. My god think of all the talent we have just let walk away from here in the last 5 or so years and any sane person would have handed Darcy his pink slip. Sigh, much like the Bills it starts at ownership. So this group will be dismantled one at a time and I have no idea who Larry is going to sell out to Tommy G first.

p.s. De Luca I would make a change or two or more to your suggestions. Sekera, Butler your cut. Dont cut Gaustad but understand he is nothing more than a fourth liner that should get about 5 minutes per night. Kaleta should be on the first every night for the first shift only. Run a guy stir it up and get off. Lastly I dont think there is room for Grier and Nieder....on the same team. You become too thin but then what the hell tonight we had Sekera and Butler so why not.

I'm just a little bitter right now after paying for premium Bills and Sabres seats and getting this. Poop.

:bag:

I'm not disagreeing, but I think Larry Quinn plays a major role in the makeup of this team because he's the one who tells Darcy how big his allowance will be.

Darcy chose to blow his entire budget on a bunch of nobodies, Quinn didn't help him do that.

Pominville, Connolly, Hecht, Gaustad, Rivet.

Absolutely ridiculous contracts every single one.

And when he finally got the chance of getting a cool 3 mill. off the books by sending Connolly packing, he gave him a 1.5 mill. raise instead.

Regier is an idiot, if ever there was one.

Archived