any europeans on this team at all?

Rabbit151

i dont know... the red wings beat up on everyone with some pretty good Euros.....the top players in the league include plenty of Euros

arguably the top forward (ovechking, malkin) and dman (lydstrom, chara) are euros. 7 of the top 15 scorers last year were Euros.

The sabres have also struck out on some NA players too...should they shy away from them ? Didnt the Bhawks win with a Euro goalie?

Just like anything its about picking the right player not making sure he doesnt have an accent.

I think this a situation of looking at the group as a whole, not just the best. I mean if you wanted to play that game, all I have to do is name like 17 NAs that are at or close to those players ability.

Something's not right there. At first you say you didn't expect it to turn to bigotry, but then the rest of the post seems so incredibly full of bias. The two aren't all that far apart.

i guess it all depends on each individuals level of sensitivity. to me, pointing out that GENERALLY speaking, we can identify differences in players from different regions and different countries is no where near the ballpark of bigotry. If it is to you, then we agree to disagree.

All i know is, the day we bring a Mexican to the Sabres is the day i start cheering for the Leafs.

BTW, not too bad Leafs, 4 saskatchewan kids on starting roster...and an opening day win follows....

i guess it all depends on each individuals level of sensitivity. to me, pointing out that GENERALLY speaking, we can identify differences in players from different regions and different countries is no where near the ballpark of bigotry. If it is to you, then we agree to disagree.

All i know is, the day we bring a Mexican to the Sabres is the day i start cheering for the Leafs.

BTW, not too bad Leafs, 4 saskatchewan kids on starting roster...and an opening day win follows....

Really?

Because they are historically bad at hockey, right? Please tell me that's the reason. Not that it's a particularly good reason, but it a hell of a lot better than what everyone thinks you mean right now.

lol. we really are a motley bunch around here aren't we.

by the way, Rafi Torres is of Mexican descent, so go on and cheer your Leaves you moron, bye!

NB: Scott Gomez and Bill Guerin are both of Hispanic origin, and both have won Cups

wow. some of you fellas take yourselves way too seriously. of course I'm joking. holy, the freakin political correct police jump on any comment that isn't 100% proper. ok, if i comment on here again, i'll consult with my attornies first and make sure there is nothing offensive. ridiculous.

wow. some of you fellas take yourselves way too seriously. of course I'm joking. holy, the freakin political correct police jump on any comment that isn't 100% proper. ok, if i comment on here again, i'll consult with my attornies first and make sure there is nothing offensive. ridiculous.

you mean attorneys right?

and yes, the answer is yes.

Archived