Frolov to Rangers...

ntjacks79

Alexander Frolov and the Rangers agreed on a one-year deal worth $3 million. FYI. I don't think a lot of people were clamoring for Frolov in Buffalo, given the glut of this type of forward on the team, but it's a pretty reasonable signing, particularly given he is 28, scored 20 goals five times, and led Kings with 32 goals only 2 years ago.

Alexander Frolov and the Rangers agreed on a one-year deal worth $3 million. FYI. I don't think a lot of people were clamoring for Frolov in Buffalo, given the glut of this type of forward on the team, but it's a pretty reasonable signing, particularly given he is 28, scored 20 goals five times, and led Kings with 32 goals only 2 years ago.

Frolov makes Pomminstein look like a bully.

Frolov makes Pomminstein look like a bully.

That was my point regarding the "glut of this type of forward" on the Sabres. On the other hand, how many forwards on the Sabres have Frolov's numbers over the past 5-6 years?

Even with his halfway decent numbers, will we be seeing him along with the rest of the Blue Shirts on a golf course near the Hamptons next April?

The only problem is that the guys in the Blue and Gold shirts will be teeing off along side them unless Miller has another Vezina Caliber season

The only problem is that the guys in the Blue and Gold shirts will be teeing off along side them unless Miller has another Vezina Caliber season

The reason why I mentioned the Rangers teeing off next April is that they appear to be going after all of the star players as much as possible, and they don't appear to be yielding much in results. That's why I didn't even bother mentioning our boys. Except for Vanek and MIller, how many other names on our team have "star power"? It seems to me that you find more of those names over at other teams like the Rangers and the Devils. However, star names don't always translate to championships. IIRC, the Rangers were on the outside looking in for this past post-season, while we actually made it in. Yes, we were a first-round exit, but that's different from having to clear out the lockers at the last game of the regular season.

I can only hope for the best for next season and see how it all works out.

The reason why I mentioned the Rangers teeing off next April is that they appear to be going after all of the star players as much as possible, and they don't appear to be yielding much in results. That's why I didn't even bother mentioning our boys. Except for Vanek and MIller, how many other names on our team have "star power"? It seems to me that you find more of those names over at other teams like the Rangers and the Devils. However, star names don't always translate to championships. IIRC, the Rangers were on the outside looking in for this past post-season, while we actually made it in. Yes, we were a first-round exit, but that's different from having to clear out the lockers at the last game of the regular season.

I can only hope for the best for next season and see how it all works out.

Yes it is different. We had the opportunity to enjoy 4 more games of hockey played by our home town team.

In the mean time, back to the playoff action, the Chicago BlackHawks, who signed some risky contracts, Won LORD STANLEY'S CUP, and then had to dismantle their team. They did however, manage to keep their core players together and will most likely make another run next season as well.

Even with his halfway decent numbers, will we be seeing him along with the rest of the Blue Shirts on a golf course near the Hamptons next April?

Of course not. Who wants to bother going all the way to Long Island to golf? (Actually, who wants to go to LI for any reason?) So no, we won't be seeing him. But he might be golfing.

Of course not. Who wants to bother going all the way to Long Island to golf? (Actually, who wants to go to LI for any reason?) So no, we won't be seeing him. But he might be golfing.

Well, if he's a wealthy young single man, there are plenty of reasons to go the Hamptons in the summer.

Well, if he's a wealthy young single man, there are plenty of reasons to go the Hamptons in the summer.

Oh my gawd, it's too hawt and stickay fowr that.

My time at UB proved to me that there is no sound in the world worse than a woman from Lawn Gisland.

Oh my gawd, it's too hawt and stickay fowr that.

My time at UB proved to me that there is no sound in the world worse than a woman from Lawn Gisland.

Most of the women on the Hamptons beaches in the summer aren't from LI. They are authentic NYC hotties (who, in turn, are from all over the world) who are there to hit the beach during the day and the clubs at night.

Either way, though, I don't think Mr. Frolov would be too hung up on a LI accent.

Yes it is different. We had the opportunity to enjoy 4 more games of hockey played by our home town team.

Didn't the Sabres play 6 more games of hockey? Or do the wins not count? :rolleyes:

Archived