So long Marty Biron...he signed with the Rangers

RayFinkle

Why "so long"? Not like he's leaving the Sabres.

Look, I like Marty, too. He was a very likeable sabre and a great guy, but unfortunately wasn't much better than a journeyman goalie. He had flashes of brilliance that made us believe he was better than he really was, but his numbers don't lie.

The only way I want him back in buffalo is if he is in the broadcast booth. He is all washed up. As much as people hate LaLoss, his numbers are FAR better than Marty's. Get over it. The only place Marty will wear blue and gold again is in alumni games.

Marty was talking with the goalie coach Benoit Allaire in NYR long before July1. The guy was his coach back when he was a teenager and Biron thinks he'll be able to get him back in form. That's the reason he was signed at 12:01.

He might wind up going 2 years, but it makes sense with Enroth nearing the end of his time in the minors.

It would be awesome if Enroth came up and played lights out..Make Darcy make a move ...Miller would bag a nice return...

It would be awesome if Enroth came up and played lights out..Make Darcy make a move ...Miller would bag a nice return...

Problem is, it wouldn't be considered "lights out" when he only gets two starts every other month, which is usually the number of games Ruff gives his backups.

How can you blame Ruff for the lack of starts he gives backups when he has possibly the best goalie in the game and is given crap for backups by Regier?

Because Ryan isn't Martin Brodeur, and Lalime isn't "crap", he's exactly what you'd expect from a backup.

His only crime is that he just can't steal games every other night like Ryan does, which apparently is what Ruff's "system" needs in order to succeed.

Lalime has played well enough to win at least twice the number of games he's played here, not his fault the superstars in front of him fold like a wet blanket when they don't have a Vezina winner in goal.

I'm not saying he doesn't play some really bad games once in a while, because he certainly does. But people here make it sound like he gives up 5 goals a night, and has a .750 SV%, which is a far cry from the truth.

That's a straight up pipe dream. I don't see the undersized Enroth being anything more than a platoon goalie in the NHL. Any scenario where Miller is traded in 2011 is lunacy.

That's a straight up pipe dream. I don't see the undersized Enroth being anything more than a platoon goalie in the NHL. Any scenario where Miller is traded in 2011 is lunacy.

Right on.. Thats what I have relegated myself to thinking about this team..The only way this team wins a Stanley Cup is in a pipedream..

Because Ryan isn't Martin Brodeur, and Lalime isn't "crap", he's exactly what you'd expect from a backup.

His only crime is that he just can't steal games every other night like Ryan does, which apparently is what Ruff's "system" needs in order to succeed.

Lalime has played well enough to win at least twice the number of games he's played here, not his fault the superstars in front of him fold like a wet blanket when they don't have a Vezina winner in goal.

I'm not saying he doesn't play some really bad games once in a while, because he certainly does. But people here make it sound like he gives up 5 goals a night, and has a .750 SV%, which is a far cry from the truth.

Agreed. He has actually had a couple of very good games too here and there. The one that comes to mind is when he stepped in against the Pens when we were 3-0 down and was excellent in that comeback win.

Besides Miller has stated often that he likes having Lalime around and that pretty much makes the decision right there.

Right on.. Thats what I have relegated myself to thinking about this team..The only way this team wins a Stanley Cup is in a pipedream..

Pipe dreams are all we have in Buffalo. One does get the gloomy feeling that we have had our chances at championships (both NHL and NFL) and now as we are in a different era where $ does the talking, we won't get as close again, not under current leadership definitely.

I actually envy people that like the Bolts or the Panthers or even the Canes (grrrr!!) who got one shot and made it count, and even though they are eternal punching bags, they still have the ring that somehow does make it all better!

Pipe dreams are all we have in Buffalo. One does get the gloomy feeling that we have had our chances at championships (both NHL and NFL) and now as we are in a different era where $ does the talking, we won't get as close again, not under current leadership definitely.

I actually envy people that like the Bolts or the Panthers or even the Canes (grrrr!!) who got one shot and made it count, and even though they are eternal punching bags, they still have the ring that somehow does make it all better!

The Panthers got a ring for being swept by the Avs?

Archived