What moves will the Sabres make this Summer?

nfreeman

Are they gonna do anything?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well, the draft has come and gone without a whimper. There are still good players to be had in trade, and free agency starts in 2 days. What kind of moves are the Sabres going to make? Not what do you want to happen, what will happen?

• Almost nothing -- any pickups will be on the order of Matt Ellis (i.e. 4th line forward or #6/7 defenseman)
    • 1 or 2 decent moves but nothing spectacular -- i.e. 3rd-line forward like Grier or #4/5 defenseman like Montador
    • 1 noteworthy move (i.e. top-6 forward like Whitney or top pair defenseman like Kaberle) plus a lesser move
    • 2 noteworthy moves (e.g. both Whitney and Kaberle)
    • A shockingly huge move (e.g. Kovy or Spezza)

Well, the majority opinion was absolutely right in my last poll (ie no trade occurred at or prior to the draft), so here we go again. This one covers the entire offseason. DR said after the draft that he is looking to acquire players. Kaberle is still on the block, Hamhuis and Volchenkov are UFAs, and the Sabres still need at least one good forward.

What do you think will happen?

Well, the majority opinion was absolutely right in my last poll (ie no trade occurred at or prior to the draft), so here we go again. This one covers the entire offseason. DR said after the draft that he is looking to acquire players. Kaberle is still on the block, Hamhuis and Volchenkov are UFAs, and the Sabres still need at least one good forward.

I think there will be a couple of moves made. Unfortunately, I see them being made towards the end of free agency. Picking up a couple of leftovers and cheap bargains. I hope to (if there is a) god that I am wrong. I think that a solid day one signing would mean a lot to this franchise, not only on the ice but also with the perceptions of this team with it's fan base. It would mean a lot to fans to see that the Sabres can be a player on every level.

The usual ... Darcy will make a one or two minor signings, say there was some big names they were looking at but couldn't get anything done ... talk up the youth, yada, yada, yada. In about a month, he'll trade for some other no name schlep and hope he turns into something.

Edm trades O'Sullivan to Phx for Vandermeer. Oh well, this was a guy I thought might really help us.

Clb claimes Moreau off of waivers from Edm.

Philly will grab Tallinder. Lydman's destination is anyone's guess.

About 10 teams are lining up for Vochenkov - we're not one of them.

Hamhuis will become a UFA tomorrow. Same for Gonchar. Same for Kubina.

TB needs to make cap space for a good goalie, MAYBE Malone might be traded.

Looks like Philly is no longer interested in Nabby or Turco. I can't believe Turco turned down a 3 yr 6m offer. Goalies are as common as flies this year.

The only team with interest that can afford Kovalchuk is LA. Either there or the KHL for him.

The one dman I'd like to see the Sabres get is Foster. Guts, strength, and he's tough.

The usual ... Darcy will make a one or two minor signings, say there was some big names they were looking at but couldn't get anything done ... talk up the youth, yada, yada, yada. In about a month, he'll trade for some other no name schlep and hope he turns into something.

Sounds about right. I'm still wondering how Regier still has a job?

Sabres will resign Lydman and let Tallinder go.

Sabres will get Olli Jokinen because he might be able to be acquired "for a steal", which is in keeping

with Regier's get something for nothing philosophy.

Archived