So Much for our Nathan Horton Trade Talk

Sabrepower

The Boston Bruins acquired Nathan Horton and Gregory Campbell from the Florida Panthers on Tuesday, a team source confirmed to ESPN.com.

In return, the Bruins sent Dennis Wideman, Boston's first-round pick (15th overall) in this year's draft and a third-round draft pick in 2011.

Horton, 25, has scored 20 or more goals in five straight seasons, finding the net 20 times to go with 37 assists last season.

After a breakout season in 2008-09 (50 points), Wideman slipped last season, finishing with 30 points (six goals and 24 assists).

If I had to part with a first round pick & a 3rd next year for a decent but not great defenseman I would of done this trade in a second but... who would of been that defenseman? Can't think of a D-man under contract that Darcy could of packaged to make it happen.

not to sound like a jackass but who cares? having just one thread to discuss every trade that goes down seems little ridiculous. just my $.2

Yeah. Maybe we could have a thread for each team, then each player, then each GM and Owner of each team? Maybe add the equipment manager to to the team list or the mng't lists?

Giving your 20 cents worth there. ;)

damn right lol

Yeah. Maybe we could have a thread for each team, then each player, then each GM and Owner of each team? Maybe add the equipment manager to to the team list or the mng't lists?

i don't really know where you were going with that post but excuse me if it would be the end of the world to have a thread on each of the TWO notable trades that have gone down so far. i'm not saying people should make threads about every little prospect swap, but one thread for everything? it's already too many pages for me to bother reading.

i don't really know where you were going with that post but excuse me if it would be the end of the world to have a thread on each of the TWO notable trades that have gone down so far. i'm not saying people should make threads about every little prospect swap, but one thread for everything? it's already too many pages for me to bother reading.

You should start a topic and call it "hockey talk". Then we can put anything hockey related in that thread.

This sucks big time. Boston has got alot of CENTER DEPTH and now they will probably get that Seguin kid with the #2 pick from the Kessel trade. MothrF*&KER!!!! I liked Horton alot and wished the Sabres would have made a trade for him.

Quote from NHL.com article:

Campbell is not a big-time scorer, but he's a depth center, now a position of wealth for the Bruins when you factor in Marc Savard, Patrice Bergeron, the likely addition of Tyler Seguin with the No. 2 pick Friday, David Krejci and Vladimir Sobotka.

What's the difference between 30 posts in 10 threads and 300 in one thread?

People draw your attention to something that is being talked about in another thread because if you actually care about that topic, you probably want to see what others have said. So if it is in fact important to you, you'll go and search out those comments. I'm guessing most people won't want to say it all over again, so since it's there already, that post is probably your only opportunity to read it.

People draw your attention to something that is being talked about in another thread because if you actually care about that topic, you probably want to see what others have said. So if it is in fact important to you, you'll go and search out those comments. I'm guessing most people won't want to say it all over again, so since it's there already, that post is probably your only opportunity to read it.

The discussion about creating new threads belongs in another thread.

This sucks big time. Boston has got alot of CENTER DEPTH and now they will probably get that Seguin kid with the #2 pick from the Kessel trade. MothrF*&KER!!!! I liked Horton alot and wished the Sabres would have made a trade for him.

Quote from NHL.com article:

Campbell is not a big-time scorer, but he's a depth center, now a position of wealth for the Bruins when you factor in Marc Savard, Patrice Bergeron, the likely addition of Tyler Seguin with the No. 2 pick Friday, David Krejci and Vladimir Sobotka.

I don't think Boston is done yet making moves. Like you said with that wealth of players at forward/center maybe they will deal one. Savard has already been rumored to be on the block.

Sorry if I've broken some kind of Sabres Space etiquette on reposting the same subject previously out there, still new to this process. Pretty sure you guys can get over it though.

I don't think Boston is done yet making moves. Like you said with that wealth of players at forward/center maybe they will deal one. Savard has already been rumored to be on the block.

Sorry if I've broken some kind of Sabres Space etiquette on reposting the same subject previously out there, still new to this process. Pretty sure you guys can get over it though.

They absolutely need to move Thomas. Any team who actually takes him and that bloated contract is a bunch of idiots though.

Boston will be atop the Conference next year.

Horton + Hall/Seguin = MONEEEEEEEY.

Good job Darcy. :worthy:

What was Darcy supposed to do about Hall/Seguin? On Horton, I would have liked to see him in a Sabres jersey, however it would have been difficult to beat Boston's offer considering our #1 is lower and we've no defensman of Wideman's perceived value on the roster.

What was Darcy supposed to do about Hall/Seguin? On Horton, I would have liked to see him in a Sabres jersey, however it would have been difficult to beat Boston's offer considering our #1 is lower and we've no defensman of Wideman's perceived value on the roster.

What do you mean? We have Chris Butler! :sick:

What's the difference between 30 posts in 10 threads and 300 in one thread?

Okay, if you wanna play that game, I could make three threads and cover the whole spectrum of conversation. How's "Sabres Discussion", "NHL Discussion" and "Off Topic Discussion" sound? ######, you could even just assume Sabres Discussion as a sub-topic of NHL Discussion -- so we're down to two threads, great! I mean, why have hundreds of threads of 20 posts each when you could have 2 threads with 1,000 posts each? Right?

The point is the diversity of conversation. If I go into your "Trade Discussion" thread and want to talk about the Hamuis trade -- oh, too late. Everyone is now talking about the Horton trade, and posts about Hamuis will probably be ignored or given little thought. More importantly, though, if I want to read about the Horton trade, I have to sift through several pages of posts to find out where the Horton discussion begins, and I probably won't even bother -- much like the author of this thread did.

uh... cool story, bro?

That is a more damning evaluation of this defense than anything I have ever posted. If the Sabres couldn't beat the package the Bruins ended up sending to Florida than that is pretty frigging sad.

[/b]

That is a more damning evaluation of this defense than anything I have ever posted. If the Sabres couldn't beat the package the Bruins ended up sending to Florida than that is pretty frigging sad.

I agree on the defense, but let's not forget that Boston's first rounder is twice as valuable as ours. And I don't know very much about junior hockey and prospects, but Florida has the #3 as well -- so I wouldn't be surprised if they send #3 and #15 to Edmonton or Toronto for Hall/Seguin

Archived