A Player Per Day: No. 17: Raffi Torres

Eleven

59 members have voted

1. 1. How I feel about this player:

• 5: Must keep under any circumstances.
    • 4: Would like to keep; would trade only for a great return (if under contract) or would pay a premium to re-sign (if FA).
    • 3: Don't care if he stays or goes; would make a fair trade (if under contract) or pay somewhat above current salary to re-sign (if FA).
    • 2: Don't want him on the team, really; would trade for a somewhat lesser return (if under contract) or sign at current or lower salary (if FA).
    • 1: Get this guy off of the team, no matter what it takes.

I still would have loved to see him take over Vanek's spot when Vanek was hurt. I don't agree with every of Ruff's decisions, and the decision to keep Torres shelved on the fourth line is one I definitely don't agree with.

I still would have loved to see him take over Vanek's spot when Vanek was hurt. I don't agree with every of Ruff's decisions, and the decision to keep Torres shelved on the fourth line is one I definitely don't agree with.

+1

I know he arrived as the Sabres' leading goal scorer, but I think they would've viewed Torres goals (if he had scored any) as gravy. They wanted him for his grit, corner work, playoff experience, etc. Lindy said he couldn't even keep up with his linemates. That's BAD. Torres cost himself millions.

Eleven...you need to make the voting on your polls public. I am curious as to the voting record for several players. :rolleyes:

I thought long and hard about that. I didn't want to discourage people from voting...there are some people who aren't as good at handling criticism as other people are (and no, I have no one in mind here). So the people who want to vote anonymously can do so, and the people who want to post their opinions, can do that.

I'm very curious about some of them myself.

EDIT: Besides, don't you have some sort of moderator powers you can use to satisfy your curiosity? Or is that a breach of the mod code?

I know he arrived as the Sabres' leading goal scorer, but I think they would've viewed Torres goals (if he had scored any) as gravy. They wanted him for his grit, corner work, playoff experience, etc. Lindy said he couldn't even keep up with his linemates. That's BAD. Torres cost himself millions.

Oh, someone will pay. Someone always does. I'm thinking Toronto, or the perennial favorite, the New York Rangers.

Oh, by the way. After he leaves, he'll be the one that beats us in the first round next year, just like Satan did this year. Nothing short of a cup win makes a diff anymore. I'll pay my $169 for center ice to have something to yell at in Jan/Feb.

Oh, by the way. After he leaves, he'll be the one that beats us in the first round next year, just like Satan did this year. Nothing short of a cup win makes a diff anymore. I'll pay my $169 for center ice to have something to yell at in Jan/Feb.

For what it's worth, I think you're right. I think the guy is a gamer who never got the right chance here. Hoppe says he couldn't keep up with his line, and maybe he couldn't, but maybe that's injury-related, too (remember, when he came here, he was out for a bit). I don't believe he'll be in Buffalo next year, but I do think he'll have a good year next year. Oh well. We'll keep Connolly and Stafford instead. And frankly, someone is going to overpay Torres anyway, so maybe it's for the best.

Agreed.

I think he deserved more than 2 periods in the first game here to prove himself. I think he might of gotten 7 r more goals playing with TC and Pomm, from when he got here, till the end of the season.

But after that first game, Lindy had, yet another line jugging head stratcher by exiling him to the 4th line.

That being said, regardless of how he played, theres no way he wants to stay here anyway after this.

I think if he had a chance to show his skills, and played good enough, he's worth 3 mil or so. However he isn't worth anything.

Is it Torres the player, or Lindy's usage of him? We'll never know.

Who?

What a waste of Patches and a 2nd rounder. Nice going Darcy.

Even knowing what I know now, I'd want Darcy to make that trade 100 times put of 100. He tried something, for reasons unknown, it didn't work. Was a good idea though, just didn't pan out.

Not really concerned about losing Nate but the 2nd rounder stings a little.

Even knowing what I know now, I'd want Darcy to make that trade 100 times put of 100. He tried something, for reasons unknown, it didn't work. Was a good idea though, just didn't pan out.

Not really concerned about losing Nate but the 2nd rounder stings a little.

I know why. :D

Archived