Search for a Center

spndnchz

Sounds like Detroit. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, and now Hudler coming back at 5.75 million.

And Rafalski at $6 million a year. I wonder if Lidstrom finally goes home to Sweden or he signs another pricey deal. They've got Howard up for a decent raise this year too. That'll be an interesting team to watch. You'd have to think that Holmstrom will be finding a new home.

And Rafalski at $6 million a year. I wonder if Lidstrom finally goes home to Sweden or he signs another pricey deal. They've got Howard up for a decent raise this year too. That'll be an interesting team to watch. You'd have to think that Holmstrom will be finding a new home.

That would be a nice pick up for the second PP unit eh? Four Stanley Cups and a Gold medal.

Although Kesler is a heart and soul guy he is far from a game breaker.I'd love to have him on this team but not as the center we need.I want a guy that can bust a game wide open.Throw the boys on his back and carry them.Unfortunately we would have to either draft first overall or sell the farm to get one.As a second line guy I'd take Kesler but the Nucks are'nt trading him.

Hmm... maybe I was projecting his recent numbers to 82 games.

good point. but then i'd start worrying about his durability...? they've already got one TC on this squad.

Not gonna happen but I would LOVE Ryan Getzlaf on the Sabres. Guy is a beast. Love his game. Hate the Ducks though.

If Quinn, Regier and Co. were serious about hating to lose and that they take it personally this is exactly the type of move they should be looking at. He is locked into to decent contract for three more years. There has to be a offer that would get the Ducks attention. I just wonder if a deal can get done without involving Myers.

Although Kesler is a heart and soul guy he is far from a game breaker.I'd love to have him on this team but not as the center we need.I want a guy that can bust a game wide open.Throw the boys on his back and carry them.Unfortunately we would have to either draft first overall or sell the farm to get one.As a second line guy I'd take Kesler but the Nucks are'nt trading him.

Kesler is a RFA and the Sabres should make him a serious offer. This is going to be Kesler's first big contract. With Loungo and the Sedin twins taking up a big chunk of cap space the Canucks may not be able to afford Kesler long term. The Sabres front office should grow a pair and take advantage of this.

Kesler is a RFA and the Sabres should make him a serious offer. This is going to be Kesler's first big contract. With Loungo and the Sedin twins taking up a big chunk of cap space the Canucks may not be able to afford Kesler long term. The Sabres front office should grow a pair and take advantage of this.

Do you mean a trade for the rights to Kesler (presumably including his agreement to salary), or giving up multiple first-round picks with an RFA offer?

Do you mean a trade for the rights to Kesler (presumably including his agreement to salary), or giving up multiple first-round picks with an RFA offer?

Which ever gets it done. Why not offer Roy for the rights? If they balk, you come back with a strong RFA offer sheet. I would make a long term offer at about $4.5 - $5.5 per year for Kesler.

1) Vanek, Pommer and Miller have a higher cap hit than the Sedins and Luongo.

2) Kesler was signed to a 6 x $5 million extension in March.

Depressed yet?

2) Kesler was signed to a 6 x $5 million extension.

Depressed yet?

Unlike the Sabres front office I am not so easily deterred. I would still take a run at Getzlaf or even Richards from the Stars. I would see about a Peter Mueller who has size and is really young. Maybe Briere like lightning can strike twice. I would also take a serious run at Prospal. 20 goals, 58 points and 51% on face-offs. Unlike Quinn and Regier my goal is to win a Stanley Cup which means no player is beyond the realm of possibility for the Sabres.

2) Kesler was signed to a 6 x $5 million extension in March.

Depressed yet?

So he's not an RFA. And Vancouver is not going to trade him for Derek Roy.

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick Marleau. I haven't watched him in the playoffs, although his numbers look pretty good. I was taking a look at who Grier has played with that's a UFA this year, plays center, and could be paid for with a little trade here and there.

Mike spoke that he talked with his old teammate "Riv's" before he came back to the Sabres and would be looking to talk some guys he knows into it because he believes in the team.

Marleau centering Vanek. :D

Anyone notice Cody McCormick's name on the UFA list? I liked the way he played in the playoffs. From what I saw, I think we should re-sign him. As far as who is a realistic guy to go after, I'd say Mike Comrie and wishing we'd bring Lee Stempniak (I know, he's a winger) home. It would generate a buzz in Buffalo for certain.

UFAs

Anyone notice Cody McCormick's name on the UFA list? I liked the way he played in the playoffs. From what I saw, I think we should re-sign him. As far as who is a realistic guy to go after, I'd say Mike Comrie and wishing we'd bring Lee Stempniak (I know, he's a winger) home. It would generate a buzz in Buffalo for certain.

UFAs

comrie has skill but he seems like a jerk, stempniak would be great because hes pretty decent and hes from buffalo. based on the ufas id go after kariya cause hes a great play maker and i think he still has somethin left in the tank, whitney for the same reasons and frolov cause hes young and has lots of skill.

• 4 weeks later...

AYK, Lidstrom signed for 6.2 mill last month.

What about Lombari from Phoenix? Probably wants around 2.5-3 mill.

And FWIW, everyone talking about Horton, he has to be dealt before July 1. That's when his NTC kicks in. If he doesn't go at the draft table it's a good bet he's staying.

FYI: Paul Krepelka is Horton's agent, also the agent for Kassian.

And how about Andy Sutton for D? 6-6, 245lbs. Darcy's history of bringing in guys that have fought Rivet, this may be a dun deal.

And how about Andy Sutton for D? 6-6, 245lbs. Darcy's history of bringing in guys that have fought Rivet, this may be a dun deal.

How about Andy Sutton? If I have to choose between bringing in Sutton or Tomas Kaberle, I'll go with the latter.

However, if Darcy Regier cannot outbid the other suitors for Kaberle, I would welcome the arrival of Sutton. Not only is he big, but - unlike some of the big defensemen like Hal Gill - he makes good use of his size. He has injured a couple of opponents in his career - which gives forwards something to think about when they go into his corner. Intimidation is very much a part of his game.

We could cross our fingers and hope that Sutton's rugged style of defense might inspire Tyler Myers to make better use of his size. Perhaps Sutton could also teach him how to put on and keep on the pounds Myers needs to better fill out his large frame.

How about Andy Sutton? If I have to choose between bringing in Sutton or Tomas Kaberle, I'll go with the latter.

However, if Darcy Regier cannot outbid the other suitors for Kaberle, I would welcome the arrival of Sutton. Not only is he big, but - unlike some of the big defensemen like Hal Gill - he makes good use of his size. He has injured a couple of opponents in his career - which gives forwards something to think about when they go into his corner. Intimidation is very much a part of his game.

We could cross our fingers and hope that Sutton's rugged style of defense might inspire Tyler Myers to make better use of his size. Perhaps Sutton could also teach him how to put on and keep on the pounds Myers needs to better fill out his large frame.

Why not both? Sutton's a UFA and we've got 'stuff' for a Kaberle.

Why not both? Sutton's a UFA and we've got 'stuff' for a Kaberle.

Spndnchz, if Darcy Regier brings in both defensemen, I will - after picking myself up from the floor - move back to the Niagara Peninsula and become a season ticket holder of the Sabres. In fact, if Regier brings in any two of these four - Tomas Kaberle, Andy Sutton, Nathan Horton and Nik Antropov - I will do so.

Archived