So, who will be gone next year

rickshaw

I get what you mean but by and large it's a bad idea.

I know Regier feels the same way which is why I completely disagree. Trading for rent-a-players is another tool GM's have to improve their roster and another tool Regier refuses to use aggressively. Regier's half hearted efforts at the trade deadline result in poor returns, Moore and Torres as prime examples. They mentioned this yesterday on WGR, it's been seven years since Regier made a deal for a player that involved a player of significance from the Sabres roster. That was the Drury deal. That is ridiculous. The will be no Stanley Cups won here in Buffalo as long as the Sabres employee a GM that imposes restrictions on himself and spends more time telling you what he can't do than actually doing something.

If the playoffs taught us anything, it should be keep Adam Mair. He ain't no hero. But he's a great 4th liner.

Sad, really, that I would rather discuss who to keep for the bottom lines than the top.

and McCormick at center instead of Ellis. Ellis' contract is done anyway. Resign Cody.

I think it's time for change in the front office. The voice is the same. Nothing changes. Players see this, they know this.

There is no fear on the team. Guys know that nobody really gets traded on this team during the season, so they are comfy cozy.

I'd like the GM to be more bombastic, not as much as Brian Burke, but someone who will come down from his perch and rip his team when needed.

The coach is good, but I think he'll realize it's time for him to go. Maybe Ruff will step forward and say bye and the ball will start rolling.

GM needs to go though. It's time for a change.

That's interesting. I have no argument--just wondering why you think that. I mean, there definitely have been guys who did not want to be here (Biatchyslav immediately comes to mind), so it's definitely possible. Why do you think so?

Originally, I thought that the fact that he was possibly past his prime and his lackluster play would have been contributing factors. Now, it appears that he may have been playing hurt and now needs to have shoulder surgery, so I may stand corrected in this case. Let's just hope and pray that when he returns, he'll be much more effective. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was a much feistier and energetic player in his younger days.

I think it's only a joke because our GM doesn't know how to play it, but I get what you mean.

One thing that I've noticed is that Darcy's pedestrian efforts during several previous trade deadline days have irked us beyond measure. We all see certain teams that make these huge splashes that either result in something or wind up being phenomenal busts. At the same time, biding time and pulling the trigger at the last minute that amounts to nothing more than a mouse f a r t is extremely aggravating for all of us.

I don't think we're asking for a Butch Goring-type trade. (The Isles got lucky with that one when it happened.) All we want is someone or a few others in one season who can help bring us up a few levels instead of helping us being on the outside looking in.

Originally, I thought that the fact that he was possibly past his prime and his lackluster play would have been contributing factors. Now, it appears that he may have been playing hurt and now needs to have shoulder surgery, so I may stand corrected in this case. Let's just hope and pray that when he returns, he'll be much more effective. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was a much feistier and energetic player in his younger days.

He was more energetic, and I'm hoping he doesn't return (although I bear him no ill will; I just don't see him as "worth it" anymore; I did last year). But I still don't see a reason why he wouldn't have wanted to come to Buffalo. It's not that important anyway, though.

Archived