The refs and the nhl

Pville29

After seeing game 6 sabres/bruins and habs/capitals it is obvious that the league doesnt want to see small town or canadian team to advance in the second round. In the sabres game the refs didn't call some penalty or icing that could help the sabres and the bruins won the series.

I was watching the habs/caps game too and the refs call some penalties on the habs and didn't call penalties that should go on the caps and the best thing it's that they gave 3 penalties to montreal for diving 3 PENALTIES FOR DIVING in the same match COME ON if the refs could score a goal on mtl they would probably try it to. Unfortunately for caps fan, the refs and Bettman mtl won the game.

It's the same thing for vancouver L.A. after game 4 the kings were 9/16 in the pp. Game 5 and 6 canucks knew the refs were against them so they step their game up and kings were not able to keep up with them. Bettman would have rather see Hollywood in the semi-finals than vancouver

Chicago vs Nashville game 5 with 1 min left to the game hossa check hamuis from behind he get 5 min and the hawks still win the game but no suspension for hossa pfff of course not the hawks need hossa to advance in the second round.

So the point is that the league need the big city to win so they can sell their hockey to the them. Bettman don't give a f*** about buffalo or nashville he can make more money if boston chicago ovechenkin or crosby advance in the second round he already know that canadian people are sold out to hockey. If only they were subtle but it is so obvious how they trying to have Bettman's teams to win it's just ridiculous.

After seeing game 6 sabres/bruins and habs/capitals it is obvious that the league doesnt want to see small town or canadian team to advance in the second round. In the sabres game the refs didn't call some penalty or icing that could help the sabres and the bruins won the series.

I was watching the habs/caps game too and the refs call some penalties on the habs and didn't call penalties that should go on the caps and the best thing it's that they gave 3 penalties to montreal for diving 3 PENALTIES FOR DIVING in the same match COME ON if the refs could score a goal on mtl they would probably try it to. Unfortunately for caps fan, the refs and Bettman mtl won the game.

It's the same thing for vancouver L.A. after game 4 the kings were 9/16 in the pp. Game 5 and 6 canucks knew the refs were against them so they step their game up and kings were not able to keep up with them. Bettman would have rather see Hollywood in the semi-finals than vancouver

Chicago vs Nashville game 5 with 1 min left to the game hossa check hamuis from behind he get 5 min and the hawks still win the game but no suspension for hossa pfff of course not the hawks need hossa to advance in the second round.

So the point is that the league need the big city to win so they can sell their hockey to the them. Bettman don't give a f*** about buffalo or nashville he can make more money if boston chicago ovechenkin or crosby advance in the second round he already know that canadian people are sold out to hockey. If only they were subtle but it is so obvious how they trying to have Bettman's teams to win it's just ridiculous.

I have some kindling and some gasoline. Who has the match?

Pville,what I see here is a guy that does'nt know how to watch a game objectively or in plain english,like there are 2 teams on the ice.I have'nt been all that impressed with some of the officiating during this series(bos.buf)but I do understand that Boston has'nt gotten all the calls and neither has buffalo.It goes both ways and over a 7 game series you would hope it evens out.If Montreal gets called 3 times in one game for diving I think that shows that the habs have been cheating a little to get calls and the refs are onto them.Face the facts.Stop diving and play the friggin game.Also, this conspiracy crap has got to stop.The people running this league are far too stupid to pull that off.

Pville,what I see here is a guy that does'nt know how to watch a game objectively or in plain english,like there are 2 teams on the ice.I have'nt been all that impressed with some of the officiating during this series(bos.buf)but I do understand that Boston has'nt gotten all the calls and neither has buffalo.It goes both ways and over a 7 game series you would hope it evens out.If Montreal gets called 3 times in one game for diving I think that shows that the habs have been cheating a little to get calls and the refs are onto them.Face the facts.Stop diving and play the friggin game.Also, this conspiracy crap has got to stop.The people running this league are far too stupid to pull that off.

The word is complicity! Fact of the matter is that the NHL is hiring morons to do the officiating. Early in the Boston/Buffalo series the officiating crews made it apparent that Boston goon hockey would prevail and many penalties were NOT called against the B's which sent a clear message.

NHL officiating is mediocre because it allows for these apologists to claim that over 82 games it evens out! BS. Toward the end of the season we were short handed because of goon play against our aptitude and skill. That is really why we were eliminated early! When there is a week left before the playoffs and teams are knocking off your top players you can only hope that the replacements have had enough exposure to the system to carry on! We almost did and next year there's nothing stopping us!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

The word is complicity! Fact of the matter is that the NHL is hiring morons to do the officiating. Early in the Boston/Buffalo series the officiating crews made it apparent that Boston goon hockey would prevail and many penalties were NOT called against the B's which sent a clear message.

NHL officiating is mediocre because it allows for these apologists to claim that over 82 games it evens out! BS. Toward the end of the season we were short handed because of goon play against our aptitude and skill. That is really why we were eliminated early! When there is a week left before the playoffs and teams are knocking off your top players you can only hope that the replacements have had enough exposure to the system to carry on! We almost did and next year there's nothing stopping us!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

So Mair's high stick or Tallinder's tossing of the puck into the stands was merely a figment of my imagination???

Hmmm, could have swore it was real, what with them sitting in that silly little box and all... :rolleyes:

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

No, we were eliminated because or two "best" centers didn't show up for the series, and because our PP didn't produce a single goal.

Yes, the refs did their best to ###### things up tonight and in game 3, but we lose the series because we didn't have a PP, not because of officiating.

Even though game 3 was handed to the Bruins, it wouldn't have mattered if we had managed a single PP goal.

Watch a "Classic Series" or a full game from the mid-90's or the 80's, and tell me the officiating is worse now. I agree there were plenty of calls and non-calls that baffled me (a USA Hockey Referee), but it's PLAYOFF HOCKEY. Almost anything goes. The interference call on Montador is for sure interference in the regular season, but I've seen that same 'pick' 100 times previously in the series. Tallinder got high-sticked early in the game, no call, and Lucic (goon) gets high-sticked and there is a 4-minute PP. Nothing we can do about it, but complain to each other here.

I was most upset by the wave off of the icing with 15 seconds left. I watched it over and over and have no idea why linesman #68 waved off icing. Absolute horsecrap call. The back official indicated icing while sitting on Boston's boards to stay out of the way. That indicated to me that no Sabre near the puck touched it. When it was waved off, nobody on Buffalo was anywhere near the puck, and no way the defender could've beaten it to the goal line. Not saying the Sabres would've scored (probably NOT), but they didn't get the fair opportunity that the proper icing call would've provided.

It's a tough thing, but with an O-fer on the power play, the Sabres don't deserve to advance.

Watch a "Classic Series" or a full game from the mid-90's or the 80's, and tell me the officiating is worse now. I agree there were plenty of calls and non-calls that baffled me (a USA Hockey Referee), but it's PLAYOFF HOCKEY. Almost anything goes. The interference call on Montador is for sure interference in the regular season, but I've seen that same 'pick' 100 times previously in the series. Tallinder got high-sticked early in the game, no call, and Lucic (goon) gets high-sticked and there is a 4-minute PP. Nothing we can do about it, but complain to each other here.

I was most upset by the wave off of the icing with 15 seconds left. I watched it over and over and have no idea why linesman #68 waved off icing. Absolute horsecrap call. The back official indicated icing while sitting on Boston's boards to stay out of the way. That indicated to me that no Sabre near the puck touched it. When it was waved off, nobody on Buffalo was anywhere near the puck, and no way the defender could've beaten it to the goal line. Not saying the Sabres would've scored (probably NOT), but they didn't get the fair opportunity that the proper icing call would've provided.

It's a tough thing, but with an O-fer on the power play, the Sabres don't deserve to advance.

QFT

Agreed it was a bad call. I wonder if the linesman thought the Sabres D was dogging it. He didn't make a strong move on the puck, that's for sure, right near the blue line. That's when the wave off occurred.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Sure the officiating was suspect at times but it was suspect for both teams. If Buffalo would have scored some PP goals they would have won the series. Plain and simple. I would guess that Boston had more PK scoring opportunites than Buffalo did on the PP. The PP cost Buffalo the series not the zebras.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Sure the officiating was suspect at times but it was suspect for both teams. If Buffalo would have scored some PP goals they would have won the series. Plain and simple. I would guess that Boston had more PK scoring opportunites than Buffalo did on the PP. The PP cost Buffalo the series not the zebras.

What power play? Did I miss something here?

3 diving calls in one game equates to bad officiating?Not a chance.These refs were simply onto a team full of guys that were trying to sell the call.I'm not saying the officiating has been perfect but the players have to accept some of the responsibility for the calls as well.Those 3 diving calls were not phantom calls.If you watched the game, after the 3 diving calls the habs players were'nt so fast to go down on simple puck battles.They realized that yes we are strong conditioned athletes and maybe we can battle through without simply diving to the ice hoping to get a call.I hate players like this,including our very own Derek Roy who's known throughout the league as a diver.Its a pathetic desperate play that makes the refs look just as bad if they miss it.

The officiating has been terrible this year. It was a bit suspect during the sabres series but ultimately the sabres beat themselves. That whole thing with hossa though was insane. How does ovie get a misconduct/suspension and hossa just get 5 min.? Nashville shoud have won that game and probably the series. Just adds to my dislike for chicago. :wallbash:

Let me preface this by saying Buffalo deserved to lose, and not scoring 1 PP goal over an entire series is disgraceful. There was 1 call that still bugs me, and that is the goalie interference call against McCormick. Not only did he not touch Rask, he didn't even push the closest Bruin into Rask. What this tells me is the play in front of the net is "too fast" for the refs. Maybe it is time that goalie interference should be reviewed, just like a questionable goal is. That call definitely changed that game, and possibly the series. Still the Sabres needed to overcome it, and win despite of the bad call.

McCreary,Marouelli , and Fraser should have just stuck it out and reffed the playoffs too ... Don VanMassenhoven has done a stellar job this postseason. With older, more seasoned referees in there you will see more streamline, consistent calls , IMO.

Fraser should not have even stuck out his career. He is/was/always will be terrible. I will never understand people talking about him fondly.

Frazers always been an arrogant prick with bad hair.I met him in a pub in Gold River,British Columbia where he was attending a referee school put on by a friend of mine.I was introduced to him and he acted like a stuck up primadonna.When the league brought in the helmet rule for its officials it almost killed him.I'm glad to see him gone.When he did games it was always about him.

Archived