Timeouts

Hawerchuk

I think the 30 seconds for a timeout in the NHL is too short. You only get one and in my opinion, the league should allow a team 1 minute for a timeout. 30 seconds is too short to draw up a play. Any thoughts from the gallery?

I think the 30 seconds for a timeout in the NHL is too short. You only get one and in my opinion, the league should allow a team 1 minute for a timeout. 30 seconds is too short to draw up a play. Any thoughts from the gallery?

Maybe 45 and compromise? They tend to run a little longer than they're supposed to, I would think.

I love the NHL timeout policy. Too many timeouts have hurt football a lot and have made the last two minutes of a basketball game unwatchable (not that the first 46 minutes are all that great anyway). Kudos to hockey for making them settle it on the ice!

I think a full 2 minutes. Gives PA time to get the hard stuff out of his ars, Ink enough time to get a beer and carp to draw a chart up on both.

30's good for me.

You were on fire today. Did margarita night start 30 hours earlier than usual?

I love the NHL timeout policy. Too many timeouts have hurt football a lot and have made the last two minutes of a basketball game unwatchable (not that the first 46 minutes are all that great anyway). Kudos to hockey for making them settle it on the ice!

I couldn't agree more. Basketball is a joke (is it 5 TOs per half??)

No, I'm not saying add more timeouts per team. I like the NHL one timeout per team per game. I'm just saying give the team calling their "ONE" timeout a bit longer. 30 seconds is too short to talk to your players to set up a play. 1 minute is my suggestion.

And yes. Basketball is a joke. 10 total timeouts per team??! The last 2 mins of a BB game takes 20 minutes. Foul, free throw, foul, free throw, timeout, foul, foul, timeout, freethrow. BOOOOOORING!!!!

Archived