Delayed reaction...

PASabreFan

Would anyone honestly have believed this would happen after the Olympics?

WTF is Ruff thinking?

And no discussion here. Wouldn't want to put The Coach for Life in a bad light.

Yeah, I smell blood in the water, and I like it.

Let's finish this ###### off!

Would anyone honestly have believed this would happen after the Olympics?

WTF is Ruff thinking?

And no discussion here. Wouldn't want to put The Coach for Life in a bad light.

Yeah, I smell blood in the water, and I like it.

Let's finish this ###### off!

I have to be honest, I didn't pay attention to this game at all.

Guess I had this feeling that "oh well, they'll either beat the Leafs yet another time or finally lose one aginst them".

Turned out to be the latter, however I just can't get myself worked up over it.

I guess they were due. Hopefully Buffalo's now due against Ottawa.

Clearly Lalime should have played against Toronto, but aren't we used to Ruff not knowing how to work his goalie tandem? The curse of Hasek.

Is it "clear" because the Sabres lost? If they would have won and the Sens lost posters would be celebrating the genius that is Lindy Ruff. You play Miller because he is your only chance. Only chance at securing second seed for the playoffs. The only chance to accomplish anything in the playoffs.

Is it "clear" because the Sabres lost? If they would have won and the Sens lost posters would be celebrating the genius that is Lindy Ruff. You play Miller because he is your only chance. Only chance at securing second seed for the playoffs. The only chance to accomplish anything in the playoffs.

I would say it's clear because Miller will be treading on unproven territory with a record number of games in one season and the player himself is rarely a good judge of when he should sit or play. Any player worth his salt would always want to compete and be in there.

Second what's wrong with throwing a little more responsibility on the other players to win some games by letting them know right now a rotation plan like;

Lalime(Montreal)

Miller(Rags)

Lalime(Boston)

Miller(Ott)

Lalime(Devils)

IMO, If this team is going to go deep into the playoffs second place in the East doesn't necessarily do that, the best way to do that is to build some momentum going in with the rest of the team playing hard and smart with a rested Miller, because sure as sheet he will not get any rest once the playoffs start till they are done.

For me playing Miller every game is saying the goal is just to make the playoffs not about setting the team up and sending message we expect to go deep into them.

I would say it's clear because Miller will be treading on unproven territory with a record number of games in one season and the player himself is rarely a good judge of when he should sit or play. Any player worth his salt would always want to compete and be in there.

Second what's wrong with throwing a little more responsibility on the other players to win some games by letting them know right now a rotation plan like;

Lalime(Montreal)

Miller(Rags)

Lalime(Boston)

Miller(Ott)

Lalime(Devils)

IMO, If this team is going to go deep into the playoffs second place in the East doesn't necessarily do that, the best way to do that is to build some momentum going in with the rest of the team playing hard and smart with a rested Miller, because sure as sheet he will not get any rest once the playoffs start till they are done.

For me playing Miller every game is saying the goal is just to make the playoffs not about setting the team up and sending message we expect to go deep into them.

That message was sent by Quinn and Regier a long time ago. If there were any expectations of a deep playoff run deals would have been made at the deadline if not prior. If you recall I was one of the few who thought that this team could make a deep run riding Miller's play and acquiring some talent at the deadline. It didn't happen and many on this board posted it shouldn't because this team is nowhere good enough no matter who they brought in. Even if it were a 50 goal scorer like Kovi.

Lalime(Montreal)

Miller(Rags)

Lalime(Boston)

Miller(Ott)

Lalime(Devils)

good post.

That message was sent by Quinn and Regier a long time ago. If there were any expectations of a deep playoff run deals would have been made at the deadline if not prior. If you recall I was one of the few who thought that this team could make a deep run riding Miller's play and acquiring some talent at the deadline. It didn't happen and many on this board posted it shouldn't because this team is nowhere good enough no matter who they brought in. Even if it were a 50 goal scorer like Kovi.

So any team that thinks it's capable of a good playoff run made a big trade at the deadline, eh? I guess Chicago, San Jose, Detroit, Vancouver and pittsburgh are just going for the free food in the 1st round?

So any team that thinks it's capable of a good playoff run made a big trade at the deadline, eh? I guess Chicago, San Jose, Detroit, Vancouver and pittsburgh are just going for the free food in the 1st round?

Why bother with him? Only in his repetitive, one-note mind does keeping your players send a message of "no confidence". :rolleyes:

Of course, when you only have a single hammer in your toolbox, everything is bound to look like a nail.

You mean the teams with Kane and Toews? Thornton and Marleau? Zetterburg and Datsyuk? Kesler and the Sedins? Crosby and Malkin? Those teams are already set for a run. The teams you listed are better than the Sabres upfront. The Sabres are simply riding a hot goalie. You put Miller on any of the teams you mentioned and they are the odds on favorite to win the Cup.

Nice try but you failed miserably at the point you were trying to make.

Why bother with him? Only in his repetitive, one-note mind does keeping your players send a message of "no confidence". :rolleyes:

Of course, when you only have a single hammer in your toolbox, everything is bound to look like a nail.

Then there are those who can't tell the difference between a hammer and a nail.:thumbsup:

You mean the teams with Kane and Toews? Thornton and Marleau? Zetterburg and Datsyuk? Kesler and the Sedins? Crosby and Malkin? Those teams are already set for a run. The teams you listed are better than the Sabres upfront. The Sabres are simply riding a hot goalie. You put Miller on any of the teams you mentioned and they are the odds on favorite to win the Cup.

Nice try but you failed miserably at the point you were trying to make.

No kidding those teams are better and would be even better with Miller. You could also flip it around and say that if you added Crosby to the Sabres, they would become the favorite.

As for the point I was making, it was simply to demonstrate that your "theory" doesn't hold water. I'll leave it to the audience to evaluate, as you don't seem to be in an objective frame of mind.

Enjoy your BBQ. Perhaps if the Sabres win tonight your schizo pendulum will swing back to "Sabres fan."

No kidding those teams are better and would be even better with Miller. You could also flip it around and say that if you added Crosby to the Sabres, they would become the favorite.

As for the point I was making, it was simply to demonstrate that your "theory" doesn't hold water. I'll leave it to the audience to evaluate, as you don't seem to be in an objective frame of mind.

Enjoy your BBQ. Perhaps if the Sabres win tonight your schizo pendulum will swing back to "Sabres fan."

I don't know which word got my attention more, audience or BBQ.

Archived